Feature: Advice / Recitals & Performing

Recitals & Performing
Top 10 Dance Bag Essentials
By jaime Comments: 14, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:45 PM

No matter what your genre (or gender!) make sure you never miss a beat with these 10 essential dance bag items - Aside from your dancing shoes, of course! 1. A small first aid kit. Sometimes bandaids alone just don't cut it! 2. Mini mending/sewing kit. You could lug around an entire extra costume or wardrobe, but oftentimes a safety pin or other quick fix is all you need. If you wear tights, carry a small bottle of clear nail polish as well, for sealing up any runs. 3. A small towel 4. Travel size deodorant 5. Travel size make-up bag 6. Hair pins 7. A tennis ball for rolling out leg cramps 8. Breath mints 9. Water bottle 10. A snack (or two). Looking your best is only half the equation - keeping yourself fueled and hydrated insures your last performance will be as wonderful as your first! Keep these things handy to share with your fellow dancers, and you'll be the star of the backstage, too. What's in your dance bag?

2 Replies to Top 10 Dance Bag Essentials

re: Top 10 Dance Bag Essentials
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 634, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Sep 17, 2016 08:21 AM
Hi!

I have in mine, just about the same as what is in yours, with a few additions/deletions which are:

Nix, the sewing kit.
Nix, the snack stuff

Add, spare pair(s) soft shoes
Add, some warm-up clothing in the colder months
Add, a spare pair of tights

Instead of just deodorant, I have a small bag (just like my make-up bag) which contains travel size toiletry essentials, and extra prescription medications.
re: Top 10 Dance Bag Essentials
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4727, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Wed Sep 21, 2016 07:57 PM
Edited by maureensiobhan (80481) on 2016-09-21 20:03:29 wanted to add one more very important item
I'd like to add to the list:

1) have a notebook handy for taking notes

2) ladies, make sure you have feminine supplies

3) Ace bandage

4) make sure you have all of your props and accessories with you when you go into the studio or theater for rehearsal

One thing I might avoid, though, is a cell phone. Unless you abide by the rule to have it turned off, it's going to be a major distraction if any ringtones can be heard jingling.

ReplySendWatch