Forum: Irish / Irish - Hardshoe

Irish - Hardshoe
Heavies with round points
By drumLady86 Comments: 8, member since Mon Nov 09, 2015
On Fri Sep 16, 2016 04:38 AM

Hi everyone,

I´m 30 years old and from Augsburg in Germany. I Dance Irish since I was 13 in a Munich based CLRG-School and since 2015 I´m an Independent Feis Dancer and Dance Feiseanna with WIDA because there is no School in my area and the weekly costs to drive to Munich by Train were too high.

My Problem:

I´ve worn Fay´s Grey Soles for over 10 years but I have Problems with toestands in it.

When I go on toes there is an air space and they make a funny pumping noise and it hurts.

My first heavies were Boyne Walk with blue Tips and round Points without the flat Piece for better Toestands.

I wanna Change the mark (Boyne Walk, Rutherford, Pacelli) and search for heavies with rounder Points.

Has anyone a good tip which shoes are better?

1 Replies to Heavies with round points

re: Heavies with round points
By AnRinceoirRuamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 175, member since Mon Dec 20, 2010
On Sun Sep 25, 2016 09:14 PM
By points you mean the toe box taper, yes? I can't advise you on all the different brands, as I've only ever worn Rutherfords. Rutherfords have a nice, round box that's very comfortable if your feet are wide in the front. The tips are great for toe stands. I've heard they generally don't work well for narrow feet, though.

ReplySendWatch