Forum: Advice / Girls & Guys

Girls & Guys
Free ballet class. Should I go?
By SwordInStone Comments: 192, member since Thu Aug 11, 2011
On Tue Oct 25, 2016 10:51 AM

Hi, sort of a dilemma here.

There is a dance studio here that offers free classes as social events for university students. Mostly it's Latin dance, but this time it's ballet. Some of my friends are going, and I really want to go, but I was wondering whether it would be awkward, because I've never taken a recreational ballet class before. The last time I danced was with the professional company.

The thing is, I'm not dancing right now. Mostly just doing a lot of conditioning, and will start formal training in a month to prepare for auditioning at a larger company sometime in the future. But I just really, really miss dancing, so would it be horribly inappropriate if I showed up in a class of non-dancers? I really don't want to seem like a show-off.

Thanks, and I appreciate your advice.

1 Replies to Free ballet class. Should I go?

re: Free ballet class. Should I go?
By hummingbird Comments: 10412, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:11 AM
I don't see why you shouldn't go. I teach adult classes at the studio I work at and I have some people in my classes who have never danced before, some who danced as young children and then I also have dancers who reached advanced level training and just want to keep taking classes.

I don't think it's a dilemma at all, it's a class, so take it.

ReplySendWatch