Forum: Ballet / Ballet Photos - Members

Ballet Photos - Members
Presenting myself with photos in ballet theme :)
By Tomballetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 183, member since Sat Sep 22, 2007
On Sat Oct 29, 2016 06:19 PM

Hello good people,
I did ballet in the past, I gonna start ballet again from January :) , looking forward to it! Leave some comments please. More photos in my profile. Best wishes!

5 Replies to Presenting myself with photos in ballet theme :)

re: Presenting myself with photos in ballet theme :) (karma: 2)
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sun Oct 30, 2016 03:08 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2016-10-30 15:08:43
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2016-10-30 15:08:57
I mean, as much as I love looking at a dude's junk and butt in tights, perhaps next photo shoot you could focus more on your pose and less on your crotch. Pics like that are why male ballet dancers - especially adult men - get so much shade. I'm all for taking classes and enjoying ballet. I'm 100% against poses where the focus is literally on your butt in a leotard? full seat dance belt? in sheer tights. Men's tights aren't sheer. Trust, I worked for a major dance retailer and I guarantee no guy ever asked for sheer ass tights.

So, for an actual critique in regards to the few ballet poses pics in amidst the dick pics (yeah I checked your profile too), soften your arms at the elbow so that the line is still strong but it's more of a classical ballet arm. Bring your focus down, you're looking at over the camera. Don't get me wrong, I realize that your crotch is *supposed* to be the central focus here, and you nailed the voyeur angle perfectly, but seriously, if you want to be taken seriously, raise the damn camera, lower your focus, and you know maybe actually do a ballet pose.
re: Presenting myself with photos in ballet theme :)
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Sun Oct 30, 2016 07:01 PM
Does laying down count as doing ballet now? Cause if it does, apparently I'm very, very good. I should give lessons.
By Tomballetmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 183, member since Sat Sep 22, 2007
On Mon Oct 31, 2016 09:40 AM
Ok, I understand.. I apologize and understand you're thinking so bad now about me.
I dont have a dancebelt yet, never had, even yrs ago when I was doing ballet class I was wearing a leotard, but with other tights, no sheers. You're right its stupid :( I deleted the supposed to be "wrong" photos in my profile at least I hope I deleted the right ones.
And I wanna be taken serious, ok I will bring my focus down and raise the camera..
I will get the right wear (dancebelt and no-sheer tights) before I start in January.

I regret I posted this, because and believe me I really love ballet.
Thank you for your critique about the arms!

I cant delete this post, I feel so ridiculous now.
Hope I can get a new chance.

Thank you, sorry and best wishes!
By Storm_Trouper Comments: 808, member since Mon May 21, 2012
On Tue Nov 01, 2016 02:21 AM
Edited by Storm_Trouper (249942) on 2016-11-01 02:22:57
Edited by Storm_Trouper (249942) on 2016-11-01 02:23:30
Edited by Storm_Trouper (249942) on 2016-11-01 02:30:26
Don't be down on yourself. Until you explore and challenge unknown areas you cannot learn new, useful information. Ballet can be a very body conscious art form with a lot of unstated rules and unspoken norms. Until and unless you receive proper training and information from knowledgable teachers and peers you can't always know what the implied expectations are. So keep asking questions and eventually you'll figure it out. Some of the responses you've received can sound harsh, negative or sarcastic. Try not to let this lack of diplomacy weaken your resolve to sincerely learn whatever it is you need to be learning would be my encouragement.

Also read through as many of the old, archived posts here at DDN as you have time to. Alot of issues have been discussed over the years and its great to be able to access all the give and take of opinions and discussion. Take all advice with a grain of salt, including this advice too :)
On Tue Nov 01, 2016 05:22 PM
Edited by Tomballet (185805) on 2016-11-01 17:23:28 spelling :)
Ok thank you! :)

ReplySendWatch