Forum: Advice / Support

So jealous of my friend
By Minkz
On Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:56 AM

My friend (let's call her Sarah) and I auditioned for a year round ballet school. She was placed a level above me. I've recently found out that some of the people in the level, let's call it B, are much younger than I am. I also have a friend ("Jenny") who is older than both Sarah and I who was placed into level A with Sarah. I know that placing us into a level after one audition isn't some scientific process, but I'm so jealous of Sarah, and I can't understand why I was placed in B. Sarah was going to another year round school last year (I wasn't), so she may have improved a lot. Even so, I danced with her during December of last year, and it was still the same Sarah I'd danced with before. I know I sound so petty, but it still bothers me when I think about it. Does anyone have any similar experiences? Besides body type differences, I don't know why the school wouldn't consider me to be as good as Sarah?

1 Replies to So jealous of my friend

re: So jealous of my friend
By hummingbird
On Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:26 AM
Ask your teachers what you need to work on in particular. I wouldn't mention being moved up but if you ask them what you need to improve on in particular they will be able to help you with that.

ReplySendWatch