Forum: Irish / Irish - Adult Dancers

Irish - Adult Dancers
Oireachtas vs Feiseanna registration
By Bartymus1 Comments: 4, member since Thu Dec 08, 2016
On Thu Dec 08, 2016 01:29 PM

I have a question. On many sites it says that I need to have a TCRG certified teacher register me for feiseanna, and Oireachtas. However, on one website, I read that you can be an "independent" dancer at feiseanna, and don't necessarily need a teacher to register you, however, you do for Oireachtas. I also read that if you're an open champion, you don't need anyone to register you for Oireachtas. I am in open, and haven't danced for years. I would like to get back into it, and I didn't know if I needed to have a teacher register me, or I could do it on my own? Any thoughts are appreciated, haven't done this in a while.

1 Replies to Oireachtas vs Feiseanna registration

re: Oireachtas vs Feiseanna registration
By Hop_123member has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 4234, member since Sat Feb 03, 2007
On Thu Dec 08, 2016 07:52 PM
It depends on what organization you are dancing for. CLRG tends to be more restrictive. You have to be dancing for a TCRG. Then with their verbal OK you can sign up for Feiseanna. They would do any registering for Oireachtas or Nationals, no matter what level you dance at. You can only dance at CLRG feiseanna, if you are the registered student of a TC.

Some other organizations have much more relaxed rules, andI believe you can compete in some of their feiseanna even if you are self taught.

ReplySendWatch