Forum: Irish / Irish

Oireachtas vs Feiseanna registration
By Bartymus1 Comments: 4, member since Thu Dec 08, 2016
On Thu Dec 08, 2016 01:30 PM

I have a question. On many sites it says that I need to have a TCRG certified teacher register me for feiseanna, and Oireachtas. However, on one website, I read that you can be an "independent" dancer at feiseanna, and don't necessarily need a teacher to register you, however, you do for Oireachtas. I also read that if you're an open champion, you don't need anyone to register you for Oireachtas. I am in open, and haven't danced for years. I would like to get back into it, and I didn't know if I needed to have a teacher register me, or I could do it on my own? Any thoughts are appreciated, haven't done this in a while.

1 Replies to Oireachtas vs Feiseanna registration

re: Oireachtas vs Feiseanna registration
By PlancstaiPremium member Comments: 263, member since Thu Dec 11, 2003
On Wed Dec 28, 2016 01:05 PM
It depends on which organisation you are intending on being part of. An Coimisiun and An Comhdhail require you to be part of a registered school. I think CRN may be the same. WIDA allows individual dancers to enter without being part of a school .The only requirement for entering Oireachtas is that you participate in your designated regional event i.e. British Open, Irish Open, etc Good luck in your search and I hope this info helps.