Forum: Advice / Ask a Parent

Ask a Parent
Rejoining Dance?
By AriBri Comments: 12, member since Wed Oct 12, 2016
On Thu Dec 08, 2016 09:09 PM

My freshman year of highschool I joined a drill team or a dance team.. it was one of the best experiences I've had and I Was devistated when I found out i couldnt continue onto my sophmore year.

on instagram, I saw the tryout paper saying the time and place, etc. I then asked if i could join for my junior and senior year to my old school and drill team.

My mom says the only problem is the 6am practices. practice starts at 6am, so I would need to leave at 5:25 to not be late.. she dosen't want to get up to take me.

I cry whenever I see pictures of my team or school.. and there really is nothing for me at the current school i'm at. My new school had various college apportunites and experiences and classes that my current school dosen't offer. My current school also has no dance related activities also.

any tips on how to convince her? I see no point in anything really without dance... not to mention the school staff at my current school seems to be more towards bringing kids down than up.

any tips?

1 Replies to Rejoining Dance?

re: Rejoining Dance?
By Lb54321 Comments: 24, member since Mon Aug 29, 2016
On Mon Dec 12, 2016 08:40 AM
First, listen to your mother as she knows what is best for you. It may not be wise for you to wake up so early to dance and then have school. This is not to disappoint you but to help!
Secondly, although you may not be able to go to your former dance team look around your area, you should be able to find a school with a competition team or even just dance classes. A real dance school would also train you better than a drill team. In essence, don't try to convince your mother to take you so early, instead, look for a program that would be at a more convenient time.
Hope this helps.

ReplySendWatch