Norcross, GA, US

Deadline: Sun Dec 31, 2017
Available Date: ASAP

James Williams
Norcross, GA 30093
Tel: 6788946793
Email:
jameshollisdance@gmaill.com
student’s education in all aspects of dance.
Skills
∙ Seventeen years experience teaching and choreographing dance.
∙ Very organized and punctual
∙ Great knowledge of dance terminology
∙ Able to teach and choreograph: Jazz, Contemporary, Lyrical, Beginning Ballet, Hip Hop
∙ Possess dance curriculum
∙ Strict yet can create a positive and fun learning environment
∙ Strong leadership skills
Employment History
Union City Dance. Union City,Ga 30291 (Sept 2015 Present)
Jazz and Hip Hop Dance Instructor
I was in charge of teaching young girls ages eight to eleven the beginning fundamentals of
Jazz dance. Class was held once a week for an hour. I choreographed and taught the class a
routine that was performed for friends and family.
Clark Atlanta University Jan 2016April
Choreographer
I was hired to choreograph three dances for the annual Miss Clark Atlanta pageant, in the
styles of Modern, Jazz, and Hip Hop. I also choreographed and performed a lyrical solo for the
program.
Newton Che erStarz Covington,Ga 30014 (May 2015 Oct
2015)
Jazz and Hip Hop Dance Instructor
I was hired to teach master classes in the style of Jazz and Hip Hop. I also taught two classes
a week here in the styles of Jazz and Hip Hop.
Envision Dance Academy. Hiram,Ga 30141 (Jan 2010 Jan
2013)
Jazz, Lyrical, and Contemporary Dance Instructor
Responsible for opening/closing the studio on the nights that I taught. The owner trusted me
with a key to the facility. I taught all levels of jazz, lyrical, and contemporary dance from ages
three to adults. Each summer I held a contemporary master class. I also choreographed
contemporary routines to the competition team. We held two concerts a year, in which I
codirected
and choreographed for.
Chymes School of Dance. Stone Mountain, GA (August 2005June
2006)
Jazz Dance Instructor Beg/Int Level
Responsible for teaching students the beginning concepts and steps of jazz dance (i.e.) proper
warmup,
across the floor. I also assisted with the spring dance concert. I was responsible for
choreographing one jazz dance, and I worked behind the scenes on the technical side. I made
sure all of the cues were executed when they needed to be, music, curtain, lights, sound.
Century High School. Santa Ana, CA (September 2001June
2002)
Dance Instructor
This was my first job as a dance instructor. I was responsible for keeping track of the students
attendance. On a daily basis I taught my class the basic fundamentals of ballet and jazz. I also
was responsible for choreographing several amounts of routines for football and basketball
games. I was asked to choreograph a routine for an intermission at a wrestling match at the
high school. I also choreographed three dances for two dance festivals. I directed the high
school's annual spring dance concert.
Valley High School. Santa Ana, CA (September 2001June
2002)
Choreographer
This was the high school where I learned to dance. After graduating from this school I began
choreographing dance and assisting the dance instructor with her dance classes during school.
I was responsible at this high school for choreographing routines for football and basketball
games. As well as dance festivals and concerts within the community. When I graduated from
this high school on occasion I would hold master classes and introduced modern dance to the
dance program.
Education
Valley High School Santa Ana, CA 19972001
High School Diploma
Orange Coast College Costa Mesa, CA 20012003
Certificate of Dance
References
Michele Brundidge (former boss/studio owner) 6785580560
Chyna Williams (Coowner
of WE Entertain Inc) 4045857577
Dawn Price Reardon (former studio owner) 4042105723

ReplySendWatch