Forum: Irish / Irish - Dressmakers & Costumers

Irish - Dressmakers & Costumers
Current Dresses with Different Colors for Skirt and Bodicce
By eatsleepjigmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 127, member since Mon Jun 04, 2012
On Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:37 AM

I'm toying with the idea of using one of my previous solo dresses to create a new dress. In this scenario, I would want to reuse my skirt and sleeves but create a new bodice. The only problem is that I doubt that I or a dressmaker would be able to find material that is a match for the skirt and sleeves.

That being said, I'm looking for pictures and/or opinions of current dresses (i.e., within the last year or so) with different colors for the bodice and skirt. If it helps at all, the skirt and sleeves are copper. The original bodice is white, but I like the idea of a burgundy for the update.

Thanks!

2 Replies to Current Dresses with Different Colors for Skirt and Bodicce

re: Current Dresses with Different Colors for Skirt and Bodicce
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Tue Dec 27, 2016 01:08 PM
It's not just finding a match for the fabric, it's finding a match for the wear and tear. Fabric discolours with age just the same as paint does.

I think that having a different colour for the bodice would look very nice, have you tried the colour to see if you like it in real life?
re: Current Dresses with Different Colors for Skirt and Bodicce
By eatsleepjigmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 127, member since Mon Jun 04, 2012
On Tue Dec 27, 2016 08:17 PM
hummingbird wrote:

It's not just finding a match for the fabric, it's finding a match for the wear and tear. Fabric discolours with age just the same as paint does.

Yes, that's another great point. Thank you!

ReplySendWatch