Forum: Irish / Irish - Champs

Irish - Champs
SPECIAL OFFER on Dancer's Massage
By DanceIfYouCan Comments: 28, member since Sun Apr 23, 2006
On Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:31 PM
Edited by DanceIfYouCan (157107) on 2017-01-06 12:32:10 wrong spelling

Prepare like a Champion!

Are you practicing for competitions leading up to and including The World Irish Dance Championships in Dublin 2017?

Do you practice in Birmingham, UK?

Check out my new website @ fitandrunning.co.uk or call 07960657280 for offers on Dancer's massage.

I am Professionally trained and a former Irish dance champion myself, I know what every dancer needs to progress, stay flexible, stay injury free and to peak on form, to be firing on all cylinders for their BIG day on stage at the World's.

There is a SPECIAL Dancers massage put in place to help with those tight painful muscles, aid recover from injury, getting you back on the stage faster, sharper and fitter.

"The massage therapist is part of a dancer�s whole physiological team"

RECOVERY FROM PHYSICAL ACTIVITY

Instinctively the body heals itself it performs the recovery process through circulation of the blood flushing out waste products that build up in the muscles during intense physical activity. It provides nutrients and repairs any tissue damage however this process takes time and a rest period is necessary. Dancers� schedule often makes this required rest period very difficult to achieve. Massage is a safe and effective method of speeding up the recovery process.

OVERUSE INJURIES IN IRISH DANCE

Overuse injuries occur because muscles are worked hard during training, rehearsal or performance and are not rested fully. In the next class, rehearsal or performance the muscles are not fully recovered from the last session. It is as important to have a high quality recovery practice to maintain wellbeing and enhance your true potential. Overuse is the most common cause of muscular imbalances and injury in dance. If these are not noticed early on they can impair performance or worse can lead to chronic injures.

BENEFITS OF MASSAGE FOR IRISH DANCERS:

- Massage aids and speed up the body�s natural recovery process
- Massage helps prevent injury
- Massage enhances performance by releasing muscular tension
- Massage aid the healing process with minor soft tissue injuries

Anthony Casserly
BSc Hons Sports Therapy

ReplySendWatch