Forum: Ask a Teacher

Ask a Teacher
preschool action song specifically for tap? en>fr fr>en
By MissAshleyRose Comments: 251, member since Wed Aug 26, 2009
On Sun Jan 08, 2017 09:12 AM

Good Morning!

I use a lot of action songs in my preschool class (animal action, princess dance, the goldfish etc), they love it and do so well following along. I add in ballet steps to accompany their "swimming" songs and such, but I have 2 classes that are ballet/tap combo and when it becomes time for tap I feel like its so boring and they can't focus because I have no fun songs for tapping...any ideas???

Thank you!!

4 Replies to preschool action song specifically for tap?

re: preschool action song specifically for tap? en>fr fr>en
By amylilbit Comments: 64, member since Wed Jul 20, 2011
On Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:34 AM
It's always good to have a few of those "fun" songs on hand when interest is starting to wane. A favorite in my classes is "Powder Puff Tap" from one of the Dan'em cds.

"Left Foot Right Foot" from the Kimbo Red Series-Children's Dance Favorites is also always a hit!
By dancinlinz Comments: 11, member since Tue Jan 06, 2015
On Fri Jan 13, 2017 08:31 AM
There is an entire album on iTunes called "Preschool Action Songs" that is great! I believe they have a few versions.
By Sumayah Comments: 6710, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:30 AM
I love "A Walking We Will Go" for tap. Technically it's a ballet action songs, but it works great in tap shoes. Walking, stomping, on the skipping we walk on our heels and just disregard the lyrics, sliding, tiptoe, jumping and make a circle. I like that it touches on tap steps like stamping and sliding and also teaches them how to walk quietly in tap shoes (which is great for backstage at recital - shh, quiet feet like in our game). If you search for it on youtube, it's the version that was taped off the car radio.
By californiadancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1995, member since Sat Jan 10, 2004
On Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:32 AM
"With My Foot I Tap Tap Tap" - Gaynor Ellen
"Hokey Pokey"
"Tap Dance" - Laura Doherty

Look up Kimbo on itunes tons of cute little songs

ReplySendWatch