Forum: Highland / Highland - Competitions

Highland - Competitions
Open board competitions in Scotland
By Emflinger Comments: 7, member since Sun Sep 15, 2013
On Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:49 PM

Could anyone let me know if they know where the open board competitions are in Scotland in August? I've been looking online, but I'm guessing it's too early on in the year to get any real information.
I'm travelling to Scotland in August and I know there's some competitions that I could compete in. A girl I know from New Zealand did a few last time I was in Scotland for the Tattoo.
I'm a highland dancer from New Zealand dancing under NZAHND, so can't dance in SOBHD only competitions.

1 Replies to Open board competitions in Scotland

re: Open board competitions in Scotland
By kinsidhe Comments: 248, member since Fri May 14, 2010
On Tue Jan 24, 2017 01:20 PM
Hi!

I believe the Glenisla Games on 18th Aug is an open board competition. I am planning on attending that one myself this Aug. Coming from the USA-but originally right from that area!

Contact details for the secretary of the Glenisla Highland and Friendly Society are as follows:

Katy Blair
Park Head Cottage
Kilry
Angus
PH11 8HS

Email: secretary@glenislahighlandgames.co.uk

Web: www.glenislahighlandgames.co.uk

I emailed her myself not too long ago to get some more information. She was super about answering them and more!

Also: you might try looking on the site for the
SOHDA (Scottish Official Highland Dance Association not the SOBHD) which I think has links for entry forms for other Open board competitions.

www.sohda.org.uk . . .

Guid Luck!

ReplySendWatch