Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Pointe - General
SANSHA Recital II (202-2) vs. Recital 202
By cara7 Comments: 189, member since Wed Aug 07, 2013
On Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:47 PM
Edited by cara7 (260547) on 2017-01-27 12:47:46

Hello! Has anyone compared the new "upgraded" Recital II (202-2) with the "old" Recital 202? I only got the info that the material on the outer sole and also shank (as far as I understood) has been changed a bit, but on the SANSHA site the box seems a bit more slender/tapered, can anyone -who has tried both versions- confirm that?

paris.sansha.com . . .

Thanks!!

cara7

4 Replies to SANSHA Recital II (202-2) vs. Recital 202

re: SANSHA Recital II (202-2) vs. Recital 202
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sun Jan 29, 2017 08:24 AM
I haven't used the "upgraded" version of Sansha recitals, so I can't really say on them. I do however wear Lyricas and the Recitals. They're one of the few shoes I don't kill in a week. (My feet and arches are insane)

It's not really showing what the upgrades are. All I know is I bought a pair of canvas recitals recently and absolutely love them so far.
On Sun Jan 29, 2017 08:53 AM
Hello! Ok, I see... but thanks for replying!! YES, I also have Lyricas and like them a lot! Do you have tapered feet (like me?) Lyricas 404 are one of the very few shoes with a wide & large platform that work well with tapered toes... Would you say the box of the Recitals is more square, and for square toes only?
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sun Jan 29, 2017 09:31 AM
My feet aren't all that tapered, they start tapering slightly after 2-3rd toe.

The box for the recitals is square and actually fits my feet so well that I might not have to wear padding. The lyricas also fit me really well so I'm going to wear minimal padding as well, which I know you should do anyway, but I have insanely hard feet to fit, so sometimes I need thicker padding for my big toe or pinkie toe.

Some of the Russian Pointe models would also work for you. They're more expensive, so it's cost prohibitive for me, so it's either Gaynors or Sanshas for me unless I find a screaming deal on Russians. RP's are EXTREMELY comfy, but like I said, without getting a hard shank, they don't last for me. If you get too hard of a shank, it can weaken your foot, not to mention, it makes my feet cramp up. Sanshas shanks have just the right amount, plus, they're relatively inexpensive.

I bought my Lyricas and Recitals from here: newyork.sansha.com . . .

If they work well for me, I'm buying more, especially at those prices.
On Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:09 AM
Thanks for your reply, I actually have one pair of R-Class "Encore" (R-Class is manufacturer of Russian Pointe) which I like as well, as the shank is pre-arched & flexible but supportive at the same time. However, the Lyricas have a much larger/higher plattform, which is great for balancing, and I like the flat profile. Some shoes list Recitals as square, while other shops recommend them for Greek feet explicitly, that's why I was curious, but if you say they are square, Lyricas might be better for me... they are just so much harder to get, so far I always had to order them directly from Sansha, while Recitals are available everywhere...

ReplySendWatch