Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Washington Ballet and Pennsylvania Ballet Audition Video
By Lb54321
On Sat Jan 28, 2017 02:38 PM

This year I will be sending an audition video to the Washington ballet and Pennsylvania ballet summer intensives. What is anyone's experience with these two intensives?
I am hoping to receive at least a partial scholarship from one of them (otherwise I cannot attend financially) what are the chances of me receiving one?
I know it is hard to say being that you have not seen my dancing but...
I am an eighteen year old ballet dancer with long limbs, small head, moderate flexibility, but I have low arches so sometimes I have a little trouble getting fully over the box with my right foot with traditional shoes--it is not a problem with gaynors!
After contacting TWB School they told me to include fouettes in the audition video, on pointe...I am fine doing any other exercises but I am HORRIBLE with fouettes, should I still include them in the video?
Thank you for any suggestions or info about these intensives.

2 Replies to Washington Ballet and Pennsylvania Ballet Audition Video

re: Washington Ballet and Pennsylvania Ballet Audition Video
By S_H_A_O_
On Tue Jan 31, 2017 08:22 AM
Hi, I have never been to either of these intensives, but I know some people who have attended both of them. In terms of a scholarship, it's usually rather difficult to receive a scholarship through a video audition, but I'm sure it's possible. Without having seen you dance it's impossible to say whether or not you would qualify for one. For TWBS, I would still include fouettes even if you aren't great at them. The great thing about video auditions is that you don't have to be perfect the first time you do something. From what I've heard, TWBS is known to accept more students compared to other schools. so I would guess that your foeutte abilities would "harm" your chances of getting in. I would just make sure the videos show off your best abilities and then submit them and see what the outcome is. Good luck!
re: Washington Ballet and Pennsylvania Ballet Audition Video
By Lb54321
On Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:23 AM
Thank you. Also, in the case that I do get into both of these intensives from what you have heard, what intensive develops better dancers?

ReplySendWatch