Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

What to do when you're on the PNB waitlist?
By Ballerina_Grace1
On Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:48 PM

Hi everyone, I just found out I was waitlisted for the Pacific Northwest Ballet Summer Intensive 2017. This was my first choice and it was my first time auditioning this year. Should I respond to the email and say that I am interested or just leave it? I really really want to go to this intensive, and if I don't get in I'll have to go to Boston Summer Dance Program at Newton. (That is a 10-14 intensive and I would turn 16 there, they filled up Boston Summer Dance Program too quickly). What should I do???

2 Replies to What to do when you're on the PNB waitlist?

re: What to do when you're on the PNB waitlist?
By S_H_A_O_
On Thu Feb 02, 2017 08:52 PM
Hi, I had a similar situation to you in the past when I was waitlisted for PNB. I would just wait it out as long as possible. If the deadline for Boston comes up before you find out about PNB I would accept the Boston offer. Even though PNB is your #1 choice, Boston Ballet is still a great program despite your age.
re: What to do when you're on the PNB waitlist?
By CarlyCA
On Fri Feb 03, 2017 01:13 PM
Hi, Ballerina_Grace1, my daughter was waitlisted at PNB last summer. They did indeed email her later that they had space, but that can take a while (I think they started calling people off the waitlist in March). Congratulations on all of your acceptances and auditions, and good luck with your training!

ReplySendWatch