Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Pointe - General
Help
By KirstynBallet Comments: 2, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Fri Feb 03, 2017 06:19 PM

ive worn 3 shoes capezio contempora es, russian entrada pro, and bloch jetstream. I cant get over my box with any except capezio which have been discontinued and they died super fast. I have semi tapered narrow very long feet thanks so much. I really love the feel of blochs but it hurts my big toe and cant get over the box. Russian pointes are a big no for me and other brand is fine.

4 Replies to Help

re: Help
By CinderEmma Comments: 136, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Sat Feb 04, 2017 03:25 AM
You could buy some of those foam jellies that you can put into your pointe shoes so that your toes don't hurt as much. Your nearest dance shop might sell them.
By Serendipity42Premium member Comments: 2267, member since Sun Aug 16, 2009
On Sat Feb 04, 2017 08:02 AM
Narrow feet, tapered toes here, too. I use Russian Pointe Rubins, W2, Vamp 1 (have to be special ordered), FLEXIBLE SOFT. I put the last part in caps because the shank is actually a half-shank, which allows my very poor arch to be used properly.

Try them and see.
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sun Feb 05, 2017 12:34 PM
Why are Russians a big no for you? They make an insanely wide variety of shoes. I'd look at Freeds or Grishko. If the box hurts your big toe, you might be sinking into your shoe or the box is too wide. Freeds are softer shoes, I bought a pair for when I got married (ballet brought us together), they were essentially broken in for me even though they were brand new.

I have wide metatarsals, an insane arch and skinny heals. Pointe shoes are a fitting nightmare for me too. Russians, Gaynors and Sanshas are the only ones that I don't kill in a couple weeks.

I'll sometimes use "the big tip" by Bunheads, but if I do wear padding, I'll wear the "skinny dips" by Toe Savers. With my Sanshas, they fit me so well, I don't need padding.
By hummingbird Comments: 10414, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Mon Feb 06, 2017 02:50 PM
What do you do to break your shoes in before wearing them?

ReplySendWatch