Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Ballet Intensives
Waitlisted by SAB? Chances of getting in?
By balletlover1253 Comments: 4, member since Sun Feb 12, 2017
On Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:00 PM

I auditioned for SAB and got waitlisted. Recently, they started accepting waitlisted students into the program and I got this email:

"I am contacting you to let you know that we have begun the process of contacting students on our waiting list to fill the remaining open spaces in SAB�s Summer Course. We wanted to let you know that you are among a group of students who are ranked high on the waiting list and we may potentially have an opening for you. We hope to have an update on your status by next Friday, February 17th.

This notice is no guarantee that a space will be offered to you and if you have already committed to another program you should not cancel your plans based on this communication. We have no expectation that all students on our Waiting List are still waiting for the opportunity to attend SAB but in the event you do remain interested in the possibility of SAB�s 2017 Summer Course, we wanted to let you know that you may potentially receive an invitation. Please note that our scholarship budget is completely allocated and therefore any students invited from the Waiting List will be responsible for the full cost of tuition ($2830) and room & board ($3025). It is highly unlikely that everyone receiving this message will end up receiving an invitation, but we do want to make you aware that the possibility still exists.

If you have made a firm commitment to another program and do not wish to receive any further correspondence from SAB, you are welcome to respond to this email with that instruction.

Thank you for your interest in SAB and for your patience during this process. We are grateful for the opportunity to consider you as a candidate for the Summer Course."

I just wanted to know what my chances of getting in are now.

8 Replies to Waitlisted by SAB? Chances of getting in?

re: Waitlisted by SAB? Chances of getting in?
By melissaga Comments: 323, member since Sun Feb 14, 2010
On Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:52 AM
No one can answer that for you. You know that you are high on the waitlist, but you don't know just how high and you don't know how many others in your age group who have been accepted are going to decide to go elsewhere. Your chances are obviously higher than those that did not get this letter. :)

You'll have to wait 2 more days.
By balletlover1253 Comments: 4, member since Sun Feb 12, 2017
On Wed Feb 15, 2017 06:38 PM
Thanks for your input! I got in :)
By sabdreamer Comments: 29, member since Sat Jan 03, 2015
On Thu Feb 16, 2017 08:01 AM
Are you attending? How old are you? When do you have to reply by?
By melissaga Comments: 323, member since Sun Feb 14, 2010
On Sat Feb 18, 2017 05:59 PM
Congratulations! Have a great summer!
By ddcballet Comments: 1, member since Tue Feb 21, 2017
On Tue Feb 21, 2017 03:18 PM
I got the same email!
By isagracexo Comments: 2, member since Sun Feb 07, 2016
On Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:21 AM
I got the same letter and got in as well :)
By Ballerina_Grace1 Comments: 7, member since Tue Jan 31, 2017
On Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:55 AM
I think you may have a chance. One of my close friends got this email last year but she told them that she already accepted an offer from Ellison, so she received no further contact. The same thing happened this year but she hasn't heard anything yet. SAB does seem to be more selective than usual this year, and of a different friends level at the SI last year, only three girls got in again. One of my friends got a full scholarship from PNB and didn't even get waitlisted for SAB. Another girl at my studio got off the waitlist this year though, and she is turning thirteen, but she can not attend. Good luck, I hope this helps a little bit.
By Ballerina_Grace1 Comments: 7, member since Tue Jan 31, 2017
On Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:56 AM
Oh! I just saw that you got in! Congratulations I hope you enjoy your time there and make the most of it!

ReplySendWatch