Forum: Advice / Support

Support
Why does Valentine's Day always have to be a sad day for me?
By CinderEmma Comments: 138, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Tue Feb 14, 2017 09:53 AM
Edited by CinderEmma (277630) on 2017-02-14 10:02:53 spelling and grammar
Locked by CinderEmma (277630) on 2017-05-13 10:55:11 This thread is no longer relevant, (and too old anyways for any more replies)

Today is Valentine's Day and I am most sad. I am almost twenty-seven years old and there is still nobody who will have me as his valentine. Most of the nice guys have already been taken and those who haven't been taken are just not interested in me. I know there are a lot of single men out there but most of them are either interested in nothing but sex or have alterior motives.

I know people always say that the best way to celebrate Valentine's Day if you are single is to go out and have a good time with your friends. But I really don't have that many friends and those that I do have are spending the day with their own boyfriends.

I don't know how much longer I can cope with a broken heart! Oh, woe is me! :C

2 Replies to Why does Valentine's Day always have to be a sad day for me?

re: Why does Valentine's Day always have to be a sad day for me?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Tue Feb 21, 2017 07:30 PM
If you want single guys who are interested in the things you're interested in...go do those things. Join a gym, volunteer at the hospital, or the animal shelter, or whatever. Amazingly, the single guys who are all home, alone, wondering why there's no girls out there who want something other then sex, aren't going to bang on your door to hang out with you. You have to be out there, where you're easier to spot. :)

And ultimately...it's a trip around the sun. It gets as much power as you give it. :)

Have you tried online dating? You gotta weed through a few frogs, but there's some princes out there, who amazingly, don't only want sex. That's just like anything else - you can find people who don't want sex at all (www.asexualitic.com), people who want sex probably (www.eharmony.com), people who might want sex eventually but don't right now (www.pof.com . . .), people who prefer varsity level sex (fetlife.com). And that's after about 10 seconds worth of googling! Heck, you can even find personal ads that are only for farmers (www.farmersonly.com)! They say "City folk just don't get it!", and man are they right. I do not. ;) But if that's your flavor, I don't judge. Met my husband online - Yahoo Personals in fact, which the google tells me is now Match. So there's that.
re: Why does Valentine's Day always have to be a sad day for me?
By CinderEmma Comments: 138, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Sat Mar 04, 2017 07:32 AM
Edited by CinderEmma (277630) on 2017-03-04 07:44:41 Removed image, wanted image at end of post not beginning of it
Edited by CinderEmma (277630) on 2017-03-04 07:49:38 Couldn't remove image so I replaced the accompanying text.
I'm alright now. Once V-Day ends and the new day begins, I return to my normal self. It is just always so incredibly difficult for me to get through V-Day alone, and so I most appreciated your help Theresa.

I do realize that dating sites are now becoming more popular nowadays, and please don't think that I have anything against dating sites, because I don't. However, as my personal safety is always my top priority, it is a rule of mine never to meet someone I've met online in real life.

Sometimes things like this might happen (cartoonist unknown): SEE ABOVE:

(Sorry, I thought the image would be smaller and I thought really hard about whether or not it had any offensive content. I could not find any. By the way, does anyone know where this cartoon came from? My Grandma just gave it to me one day and it was photocopied onto a tiny sheet of paper.)

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed