Forum: Highland / Highland - For Sale / Dresses & Costumes

Buyer Beware
By scapa
On Fri Feb 17, 2017 05:43 AM

I am from Canada and purchased some highland socks from this site from the UK on Sept 1/16. They were purchased from Fre1285. I never received the socks and they will not answer any emails. I don't have any recourse through Paypal or anywhere. This might not be the best way to purchase costumes.

7 Replies to Buyer Beware

Comment #10244899 deleted

Comment #10244900 deleted

re: Buyer Beware
By jaime
On Sat Feb 18, 2017 01:42 PM
Sorry to hear of your trouble! I'm in the US, so don't know about international orders, but I know you can open a case with PayPal, and the buyer has to provide shipping information to prove the item was sent; otherwise PayPal should refund your money. Another thought is if you paid with your credit card (even through PayPal), you can call them and do a chargeback. Just some thoughts in case you haven't tried those routes.
By scapa
On Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:05 PM
Thanks for the advice. Paypal told me that I had no recourse. I will try giving their customer service dept another call.
By Robertson1
On Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:51 AM
Was it from Scotland? I had the same thing happen to me on this site buying a purple jacket. Paypal wouldn't refund because I didn't send the money for a service.
By scapa
On Thu Mar 09, 2017 04:56 AM
Yes, it was from Scotland AND Paypal said the same thing for me so we are both just out the money.
By Robertson1
On Thu Mar 09, 2017 05:20 AM
I would imagine it's the same person. I'm sure there aren't too many people scamming Highland dancers. If we can confirm it's the same person, maybe paypal will do something about it. Let's PM and trade details.

ReplySendWatch