Forum: Advice / Injuries

Injuries
Dancing with scoliosis
By jayseree Comments: 7, member since Thu Mar 02, 2017
On Thu Mar 02, 2017 06:26 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right forum but I'll give it a go.

I've had scoliosis since when I was around 11 years of age. At first, I didn't think much of it and didn't go to the doctor. However, it got worse and now my spine has a moderate curvature. Thankfully, I don't have to wear a brace and the curve seems to be staying the same.

However, now that I'm older, I've realised how much harder it is to dance with scoliosis. For one, you always have to be conscious of your body at all times and you're always adjusting your sides to make sure you're not leaning (especially harder during arabesques). As well, it's incredibly hard to balance.

So I was wondering if there was anything I could do to straighten out my spine and make it a little easier on me.

Thanks!

1 Replies to Dancing with scoliosis

re: Dancing with scoliosis
By Artsy32 Comments: 5, member since Wed Apr 12, 2017
On Wed Apr 12, 2017 07:20 PM
Hello Jayseree,
Have you got yourself checked at a quality chiropractor practitioner? I would start there.

I also have another recommendation if you have any muscle, tendon, ligament damage that you might encounter along the way. Such genetic condition are also prone to these things.

kingbrand.com . . .

shop.kingbrand.com . . .

Hope this help during appropriate scenario in the future as as you continue to pursue dancing

ReplySendWatch