Forum: Advice / Emergency

Emergency
Rash - Dr. DDN I need your help.
By Sumayah Comments: 6876, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Mon Mar 06, 2017 08:17 PM
Locked by Sumayah (204191) on 2017-04-02 21:18:37 No rash any longer

I know I know you can't diagnose blah blah blah.

BUT.

My sternum is swollen - the skin is shiny in one spot where it's raised and hot and painful. And I'm itchy. Mostly on my chest and neck and face, but sorta all over too. Does that look like a bite? Or is it just an environmental reaction?

I've taken allergy meds. I've taken a cool shower. I haven't used any new detergents or anything. There's a bunch of tree/grass/mold in the air. I'm highly allergic to spider bites.

Thoughts? Help?

Oh. No trouble breathing or anything like that, just... itchy.

5 Replies to Rash - Dr. DDN I need your help.

re: Rash - Dr. DDN I need your help.
By Cheesemoo Comments: 639, member since Mon Jun 23, 2008
On Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:28 PM
To me it looks similar to the reactions I've had to stuff like sun and grass. It could almost be a bad sunburn from what the pictures show. Have you been outside a lot in the past day or two? Is it warm where you are? Have you tried any sort of basic hydrocortisone cream or similar and did it help? Aloe Vera? I'd get it checked out but maybe a mild cream could get you relief for the meantime.
On Tue Mar 07, 2017 08:09 AM
After rest and antihistamines this is how it looks this morning. Not sunburn. I'm pretty sure I got bit by something. I'm still really itchy.
By SLBdancermember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 2129, member since Sat Jul 20, 2002
On Sat Apr 01, 2017 09:24 AM
If over the counter hydrocortisone or anti-itch creams don't give you relief I would probably have it looked at by a doc so you can get a stronger prescription steroid cream. You can also try over the counter Sarna lotion which smells strongly of menthol but it has been a lifesaver for me at times when I've gotten rashes or bad bug bites that I wanted to scratch my skin off.
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6817, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Sat Apr 01, 2017 12:07 PM
I have heard of people having rashes of this kind after they start certain anti-depressants...

I'd call the doctor and let her (him?) advise.

Hugs... hope you feel better soon. xoxo

Keep On Dancing*
On Sun Apr 02, 2017 09:20 PM
It ended up being an environmental reaction. This happened before I started any meds. All better so I'm locking the thread. :)

ReplySendWatch

Message locked, no more replies allowed