Forum: Advice / Secrets PG-13

Secrets PG-13
Teacher Student Interaction
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 27664, member since Fri Aug 03, 2001
On Fri Mar 17, 2017 03:45 AM

One of my teachers over heard students talking about hoe they went of another dance teacher apt and saw her boyfriend with his shirt off. Then the conversation went on the dance students said that the boyfriend was creepy.

This was all done behind the my back as the owner.
Should I fire the teacher and tell the parents.

2 Replies to Teacher Student Interaction

re: Teacher Student Interaction
By Spiorad Comments: 2156, member since Sat Jul 22, 2006
On Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:21 PM
Not trying to be snarky at all, just needing to clarify as it is a bit confusing.

So are you saying that you overheard some students say they went to a dance teachers apartment and while they were there they saw the dance teachers boyfriend with his shirt off and later you heard them say he is creepy? And now you are wondering if you should fire the teacher and speak to the parents?

If I have this all correct than this is what I think. First it sounds like you overheard all this, it wasn't actually told to you. This means that there is no actual proof that the kids even went over. Second, if they went over to someone's house and happened to see one of the residents with their shirt off, that isn't so odd, maybe they didn't know someone was coming over and were caught off guard. Seeing someone with their shirt off is not the same as someone taking off their shirt in front of others.

I think that you need to gather more information before taking action. At the very least this is an open door to discuss what is acceptable between teachers and students outside of the classroom setting. May even need to be worked into the "ethics" portion of the teaching contract.

And I just reread your post again, and it seems as though another teacher overheard students talking and than told you. Honestly, it is so much hearsay that without any actual proof, this is a very dicey situation.

As I said, I would try and get more actual proof and find out what really happened before taking action. At that I would also still have a firm talk with teachers and students about what is appropriate outside of class.
re: Teacher Student Interaction
By Anonymousmember has saluted, click to view salute photos
Original Poster Comments: 27664, member since Fri Aug 03, 2001
On Tue Mar 28, 2017 03:34 AM
I checked with the teacher and all of those involved. The teens made more of the story than it was. Thanks for your input.

ReplySendWatch