Forum: Ballet / Ballet - Beginners

Ballet - Beginners
Beginner ballet classes for adults/seniors....
By moutainhealer Comments: 1, member since Wed Mar 22, 2017
On Wed Mar 22, 2017 06:54 AM

I am a 60 year old woman interested in taking beginner ballet classes for adults/seniors. Anyone know of any classes in the northern NJ area?
Thank you,
Mountainhealer

2 Replies to Beginner ballet classes for adults/seniors....

re: Beginner ballet classes for adults/seniors....
By melissaga Comments: 323, member since Sun Feb 14, 2010
On Thu Mar 23, 2017 02:22 PM
If you don't mind going into NYC, Steps on Broadway has "absolute beginner" classes meant for those who have never taken before. Some so called beginner classes are not really for those starting for the first time. They do have plenty of those. I know that the Joffrey Ballet School also had absolute and regular beginner classes.

You might want to check with NJ Ballet in Livingston, Petrov and Nunnbetter, all ballet schools in northern NJ.

I know a variety of beginner classes in central NJ, but I suspect that is too far (New Brunswick, Princeton, etc)
re: Beginner ballet classes for adults/seniors....
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 634, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Mon Mar 27, 2017 08:50 AM
Hi! and welcome to DDN, and also to the adult ballet family here, which has always been kinda small,...but very friendly.

As @Melissaga said, since you live soo close to NYC, you can certainly find an adult beginner program somewhere, plus you get the added bonus of being able to take class at some world-class dance institutions, places most of us adults can only dream about.

Good luck with it. I am almost 51 and I still enjoy going to class. I have had many ladies over the years where I have taken class that were in their older 50's and 60's. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions that you think I could help with about older adult starting out in ballet.

Best of luck to you as you begin. You are never too old to start!!

ReplySendWatch