Forum: Ballet / Ballet Intensives

Ballet Intensives
Orlando Ballet Summer Intensive Questions
By leslieballetnyc Comments: 2, member since Wed Apr 12, 2017
On Wed Apr 12, 2017 06:53 PM

I just had a few questions about the Orlando SI.

1. What was the schedule like? Around how many classes were there a day?

2. What is the dorm life like? Do people sign up for all the activities? How is the commute to the ballet school?

3. What are the levels like and how many are there? Do certain levels do partnering and certain levels don't?

4. How strict is the dress code? Do people follow the dress code on the site?

5. Anything else you want to say?

1 Replies to Orlando Ballet Summer Intensive Questions

re: Orlando Ballet Summer Intensive Questions
By melissaga Comments: 323, member since Sun Feb 14, 2010
On Fri Apr 14, 2017 01:55 PM
It's been several years since my dd attended, so I don't remember all these details any more.

I think there were about 4 classes each day. A typical SI schedule.

Dd did sign up for the all the excursions, but ended up selling her spot for the last one (a water park). By that point, she had no interest in spending the day outside in the sun and really just wanted some more down time.

I think the levels ran 1-5 with one more additional level at the top (E). There were two of most levels, ie 2a and 2b. I think 2a and up had partnering, but I am not sure. It's been a long time.

I'd suggest visiting the website Ballet Talk for Dancers. There are plenty of reviews on this SI and others there that will answer all your questions. You can't register there with a standard web based email (so no gmail, hotmail or yahoo). You can use an ISP based email or even aol (where you can make an account for free). They have a lot of rules about posting, so do join and read a lot before you post. It is a heavily moderated board, unlike here. :) But, it is a really good source of info for this sort of thing!

ReplySendWatch