Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Girls Only PG-13
Bra under leotard
By pirouettingfish Comments: 5, member since Thu Apr 13, 2017
On Fri Apr 14, 2017 07:35 PM

Hi,

What is a good bra to wear under a leotard when a sports bra wouldn't work? i.e. spaghetti strap leo

Preferably it would not show too much...

Thanks.

P.S. I have seen leos with built in bras/cups...are these effective/comfortable? If so, what's a good one you would recommend?

4 Replies to Bra under leotard

re: Bra under leotard
By CinderEmma Comments: 135, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:26 AM
I would recommend the shelf bras within Balera leotards. They are my favortie and ohhhhhh so comfotable! I think BodyWrapper leotards would be my second choice. The Capezio Empress Leotard also has a good shelf bra in it as well. Beyond that, I can usually get away with just a good pair of body tights as my breasts are a little bit on the small side and my current dance classes are comprised of all females.
By hummingbird Comments: 10410, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sat Apr 15, 2017 12:21 PM
It very much depends on your size as to how well a shelf bra will work for you.

Most of my dancers wear a sports bra under their leotards with Lululemon or Ivivva being the most popular brands, mostly because we're in Canada and those are readily available to us here.

When my dancers are performing though they need to have a nude bra and pin it into their costume so that it won't show, for that they normally go to a regular bra shop like La Senza or Victoria Secrets.
By pirouettingfish Comments: 5, member since Thu Apr 13, 2017
On Sat Apr 15, 2017 01:55 PM
Thank you so much CinderEmma and hummingbird! I will look into those options!
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:01 PM
Edited by Dancing_EMT (115664) on 2017-04-15 23:02:46
I absolutely LOVE the bratek leos! I'm a 36DD and it's the only leo that I don't have to wear a bra with. I hate spaghetti strap leos because of my chest. They dig into my shoulders.

As far as bras, they make dance bras that have clear straps.

ReplySendWatch