Forum: Irish / Irish - Champs

Irish - Champs
Practice Floor Ideas??
By irishdancer0910 Comments: 17, member since Mon Jul 27, 2009
On Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:59 AM

I am a championship dancer, but I live on my own in the city and have been moving around a bit. Finally settled in row home,however, no place to practice.

Any ideas for portable, or small practice floors to use? I would like something that I can put away (and take with me when I inevitable move again), although I have space to dedicate to a dance floor if I need to.

Quieter the better, however less concerned with neighbors and more concerned with consistent practice on a decent floor ;)

1 Replies to Practice Floor Ideas??

re: Practice Floor Ideas??
By Claramel Comments: 35, member since Tue Oct 13, 2015
On Mon Apr 17, 2017 05:06 PM
I've been using a Practice Pad specifically designed for Irish dancers. It's small, cuts out most of the noise of your hard shoes and easy to roll up and move. It's also good for practicing soft shoe moves (as long as they stay of the spot) because its quite padded - good shock absorption.

When I'm not worried about sound I just use an old piece of wood board. It's not as easy on the legs as the practice pad but it does allow me to practice on a wood surface/hearing all the right beats in a house full of carpet and tile.

ReplySendWatch