Forum: Adults / Baby On Board

Baby On Board
finally! my biggest dream coming true! (karma: 1)
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10711, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Fri May 12, 2017 10:14 AM

I was wanting a baby since I was a child myself.
But sometimes life plays different. At first I wasn't having a partner with whom I could raise a child and when I finally found Mr. Perfect I didn't become pregnant.

We tried for quite a while without success, until I eventually asked a gyn and yeah, the problem was me. I do not have a natural ovulation!
Thankfully that was a problem that could easily be solved with the help of medication (which had some nasty side effects, but that is all forgotten now!) and I am FINALLY pregnant with a beautiful and healthy baby!

Week 14 starts on saturday and the baby will be born middle november.

We couldn't be happier then we are now!

12 Replies to finally! my biggest dream coming true!

re: finally! my biggest dream coming true!
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sat May 13, 2017 10:32 AM
OH MY GOODNESS!! CONGRATULATIONS!! Awwwww that's so exciting! ❤️
By hummingbird Comments: 10410, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Sat May 13, 2017 11:22 AM
That's wonderful news, congratulations to you!!!!
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11321, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Mon May 15, 2017 08:31 AM
Congratulations Kathy! So happy for you!
re: finally! my biggest dream coming true! (karma: 1)
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Fri May 19, 2017 08:10 PM
How exciting, Kathy! Congrats! I hope pregnancy is treating you well so far.

I had a baby on November 3rd last year. :)
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10711, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Sat Jun 03, 2017 04:19 AM
Thank you all!

We're both really happy. :) Since we don't know the gender yet (we hope to find out on june 8th), we call the baby "Krümel" by now (german word for a little crumb).
Week 16 started today.

I can feel the little one! It's amazing. Like butterflies inside me.

With pregnancy problems: the first three month where a little weird. I could sleep all day. Only now that it's over I actually realize how extreme it really was, I now have three month of my life that feel like a weird foggy something.
Almost no sickness thankfully (had problems when brushing my teeth, but found a solution for that - and sometimes when I cough too heavily), just a bit dizziness at the very beginning.

Actually the first 2-3 weeks I had no symptoms at all. The onyl reason why I did a pregnancy test was because my menstruation was late. I was sure I would end up with a negative test, because I didn't feel ANYTHING. But the test was positive within a second.

Symptoms like dizziness and feeling tired followed about a week later.

And now I am almost free of everything. I just noticed that I am exhausted a bit faster then before. If I wouldn't feel the butterfly movements inside me, I could think I just got a bit fat. :P
On Thu Jun 08, 2017 12:44 PM
We're going to have a boy!

Somehow I knew it. Actually I have to admit that we both where more looking at a girl, but at the same time we also both knew it would be a boy. And it is!

I already love this little man so much. <3
By Sumayah Comments: 6875, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:08 AM
Awwwwww! He's going to be one lucky kid! Do you have any names picked out yet?
On Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:40 AM

I posted this photo in babybump thread too, but I thought it would belong here as well.

No name yet, although I do have a favourite.
We did have a girls name, but yeah, he´s a boy. :P

My boyfriend is not against my fave name, but also not as excited as I am, so it might still change.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Wed Jul 12, 2017 06:52 PM
Keep that girls name in your pocket though, there's piles of horror stories about how ultrasounds were wrong. :O We were armed with both. Although only boy clothes. Had our ultrasound been wrong, she would have been in blue for a long time, haha
On Thu Jul 13, 2017 03:05 AM
I must say after seeing this ultrasound it´s unlikely it was wrong, haha.
However, we do wish for a second child and that could be a girl. So yes, we do keep that name in mind!
On Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:35 PM

Here´s his face in profile. These 3D images are quite awesome.... it makes such a difference
By hummingbird Comments: 10410, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:37 PM
That's such a wonderful picture to have, I can't wait to see pictures in colour!

ReplySendWatch