Forum: Arts / Pets

Page:
Page 2 of 21 2
re: We Just Bought a Dog
By CinderEmma Comments: 144, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Thu Jul 06, 2017 07:42 PM
Oh, that is so sweet. He definately knew what was going on and wanted to make things better, Sometimes I think animals have a soft spot in their hearts for the wounded. I hope your wrist gets better!
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4739, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Wed Jul 12, 2017 07:42 PM
This evening, the muscles in my injured left wrist began spasming very hard to the point that I got into tears from the pain. Alex could see that I was feeling a lot of pain. He came up to me and gave me some kisses, then lay down beside me and cuddled up to me. I was so touched.
On Thu Jul 27, 2017 06:41 PM
Last week, I told my dad about how he's always yelling and screaming at Alex, and how he can't expect Alex to sit quietly and not move a muscle or make a sound. I can't help noticing that my dad has been a bit quieter and friendlier with Alex.
By hummingbird Comments: 10435, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Fri Jul 28, 2017 07:49 AM
That's great, I'm glad your dad seems to be coming round.
On Mon Aug 07, 2017 07:24 PM
I just caught Alex chewing on a piece of furniture. I scolded him with a stern "Bad boy!".. I said to my dad, "I think he's chewing out of boredom.". My dad said, "No, he's not. He's got his bone to chew.. Let him chew that.". I said, "You can't expect him to instinctively know what to do if he's not being taught. Teaching him these things is part of giving him proper love and care.". My dad said, "He should instinctively know what to do.".

I just get so frustrated at listening to my dad constantly yelling at Alex and moaning and complaining about him.
On Sat Aug 26, 2017 06:45 PM
I just had to tell you about how Alex's face lights up at the word treat. I've been taking some dog treats with me when I take Alex for a walk to the park. I've rewarded him with a treat when he waits so patiently while I clean up after him. I wish you could see his face light up when I say, "Good boy for waiting so patiently for me. Here's a treat for being so patient.". I want to crack up when I see his face light up at the word treat. I think it's so cute.
By CinderEmma Comments: 144, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Sun Aug 27, 2017 03:16 PM
Next time you take Alex for a walk and are about to give him a treat, you should take a photo of his face and post it here so we can all see it! :)
On Thu Sep 28, 2017 10:29 AM
I just got hired at a very nice hotel. I'll be working only part-time, but that's still enough hours in the week that I cannot be at home to take care of Alex My dad is 85 now, so he can't take of Alex either.

My heart breaks at the thought of having to surrender Alex to the Humane Society, after he's got so attached to us, but there's no help for it. In fact, I'm sobbing right now, to think of Alex sobbing his own little heart out for us.
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3467, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:37 PM
maureensiobhan wrote:

I just got hired at a very nice hotel. I'll be working only part-time, but that's still enough hours in the week that I cannot be at home to take care of Alex My dad is 85 now, so he can't take of Alex either.

My heart breaks at the thought of having to surrender Alex to the Humane Society, after he's got so attached to us, but there's no help for it. In fact, I'm sobbing right now, to think of Alex sobbing his own little heart out for us.

Could you have a friend pet sit or maybe doggie daycare?
By TheMidlakeMusemember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 11335, member since Sun Nov 23, 2003
On Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:17 AM
What kind of hours are you talking about? And what do you mean by "take care of him"? Let him out to do his business? There are plenty of people who work full time jobs that have dogs. I don't think you need to go nuclear and ship him off to the shelter just because you have a job now.
On Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:29 PM
Edited by maureensiobhan (80481) on 2017-10-16 12:40:05 deleted word, added sentence
Someone from the local animal shelter just came out to get Alex. It's making me so sad to think of Alex sobbing his heart out for us :( . However, though, we can't have him chewing on the furniture, nor the accidents in the house. I'm going to miss feeding him, watering him, taking him for his walks, and putting him to bed. He's always been so happy and excited when I've got ready to take him for his walks. I'll miss the show of affection he's shown me.

In the past five months that we've had Alex, I've seen my dad get downright mean with Alex. Alex barked when we've been watching the evening news. One evening, my dad took off one of his shoes, screamed at Alex,. "SHUT UP!", and threw the shoe at Alex. Another time, my dad had taken Alex outside in case Alex had to pee. Alex didn't need to pee at the moment. I saw my dad almost literally throw and kick Alex back into the house. He screamed at Alex "YOU SOB!". When I took Alex outside for the last time one night before bedtime, Alex began to bark. I tugged at the leash to take him back into the house. My dad came outside and almost literally throttled Alex, and screamed "SHUT UP!".

I'm just hoping that Alex will go to a good home where he'll be properly loved and cared for.
Page:
Page 2 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch