Forum: General / Tell dance.net

Tell dance.net
What is the dance.net store? What is beta development?
By CinderEmma Comments: 151, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:37 AM

What is the dance.net store? What is beta development?

4 Replies to What is the dance.net store? What is beta development?

re: What is the dance.net store? What is beta development?
By Sumayah Comments: 6945, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:46 AM
Good question.

So, once upon a time, our old coding became outdated and this coding was put in place, and new developments were up and coming but then we lost our webmaster due to him getting an awesome job, so then the owner build new programming but there were server issues so we switched back to this (admittedly broken) forum, and here we hold until such a time as we can be migrated and the upgrades made vital and usable.

So long story short, they're cool ideas that may or may not come to fruition.
By CinderEmma Comments: 151, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:59 AM
Edited by CinderEmma (277630) on 2017-06-12 12:01:32
Huh????
So is this like an online store we can make purchases from or something?
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1265, member since Thu May 11, 2006
On Tue Jun 13, 2017 07:41 AM
I don't think so. It sounds like more of a 'storage' store, where you literally store things for future use. They just needed a place to put ideas for the site that are in indefinite development.
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 640, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Mon Jun 19, 2017 09:49 AM
Cinderemma,--If memory serves me correctly at one time though, way, way back in the (DDN) day, I do believe that the DDN website was actually a running on-line store where they were selling T-Shirts, sweats, bags, etc. all with the DDN name emblasoned on them. But like I said, this was way, way back in the day.

Like was said, a Beta site is a web development site where the website is trying out new things to see what their member's or subscriber's think of them after they have used the new stuff on the site. The new stuff has not gone fully live yet, its still being develped, tested, and tinkered with.

ReplySendWatch