Forum: Arts / Religion

Religion
Does you know Jesus Christ? (karma: 1)
By JacquelineDeane5 Comments: 1, member since Sun Jun 18, 2017
On Sun Jun 18, 2017 02:20 PM
Moved to Religion by Sumayah (204191) on 2017-06-18 17:58:04 Better forum for this thread

Hi guys.

I don't know where to post this, but the Lord has been laying it on my heart for the past few days to tell people about Jesus. This burden is so strong that I have felt sick and very desperate to reach out to others and tell them about Jesus. I asked my Pastor if there were any ministries I could do through my church to serve God, but all he said to me was that if there was anything, he'd let me know. God has been driving me to serve Him so bad that I don't think I can wait much longer for an answer from my Pastor, I am desperate here and I don't think he understands just how urgent it is to witness to the lost. People are dying and going to Hell. That is no laughing matter.

So I am going to write a post and witness to the lost on here...

Dear person much loved by the Lord,

Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners like you and me. Have you ever thought about what happens after you die? I have. It has brought me much anxiety thinking about it, because I know that this life does not last forever and one day, we all will die.

A lot of people today do not think about where they will spend eternity, and this thinking is a big mistake.

But what happens after death? The Bible is the only book that can tell us what happens to us after we die. God Himself wrote this great book; it is probably the most important book that was ever written.

Do you mind if I quote some Scriptures? Some people get offended when I quote the Bible, but I never do. Do you know why? Because I am a Christian and I believe that Jesus is my Saviour. The Bible says so. And with that being said, I will give you some Bible verses to help you and educate you.

So what happens after we die? The Bible teaches that man is a tripart being composed of spirit, soul, and a fleshly body. At death, our souls separate from our body and goes back to God to be judged by Him. God will judge everything we do in the body, whether good or bad.

But here is the bad news. You see, nobody is truly a good person. You see, only God is truly good.

Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever stolen anything? Have you ever hated anyone? If you have, then you have sinned. Killing others is also a sin, and yet you hear every day on the news that someone has murdered somebody else. Why? Because mankind are sinners and on their way to a burning Hell.

Rom 3:23 :
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Now that you know that no one is good in God's eyes, how do we then become good? How do we become vindicated before God? The Bible teaches that we need to have Jesus' righteousness but the only way to do that is to come to Him by faith:

Rom 10:9
That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10
For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

So you see that you need to believe in your heart that God raised up Jesus from the dead, and you also need to confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

If you die without Christ, you will spend eternity in Hell. In our modern world today, people think that Hell is a place of never-ending parties and good times. They think that all of their friends will be there. But that is far from the truth. You would think that these people have never read the Bible, or that they have never taken it seriously.

The Bible teaches that Hell is a place of never-ending fire and torment, and my dear friend, that is not very much fun (this truth has scared a lot of people). It is a place of tears and no hope. It is darkness and loneliness. You won't be able to see anyone at all. It is eternal separation from God Himself. Since God is the Source of Joy and Happiness, that means that everything apart from Him is tears, sorrow, and no happiness. And that does not sound like very much fun at all, doesn't it?

So my dear friend, for your own eternal safety, I pray that you will accept Jesus Christ into your heart today, and make Him Lord over your life.

If you have done this, you need to find a Bible-believing church where you can grow in God's Word. And you also need to find out what God wants you to do with your life, so that you may serve Him.

Blessings,
Jacqueline

12 Replies to Does you know Jesus Christ?

re: Does you know Jesus Christ? (karma: 1)
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sun Jun 18, 2017 02:48 PM
Too many judgemental people at church, considering I'm bi.

Also, I think post would be more appropriate for the religion board.
re: Does you know Jesus Christ? (karma: 3)
By Sumayah Comments: 6889, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:11 PM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2017-06-18 22:27:01
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2017-06-18 23:42:10 Fixed stuff, duh
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2017-06-19 01:02:45 Long posts mean loads of tiny mistakes
Does I ever! Jesus? Yeah he's a pretty cool dude. We smoked a couple blunts behind the bleachers and he kept talking about world peace; he's a bit of a narcissist though, going on about how he's the way and light and only through him will you get saved. Sure thing, but whatev. But my dude totally has this weird hard-on for his dad though, which is hella creepy since his dad is this super judgmental jerk with anger issues. And don't get me started on the pedestal he's got his mom up on. He legit thinks she was a virgin when she gave birth - can't bring himself to face the fact that his dad married his mom because he got her knocked-up. But whatever gets you off, right?

Okay, hello Jacqueline, and welcome to DDN. We're a pretty friendly bunch around here and we look forward to getting to know you better through your future posts. I must admit you chose quite an interesting first post for a dance forum, but when the holy spirit moves you, you gotta preach, amirite?

Now, Dancing_EMT and myself aren't exactly your ideal audience here. Although, LOL, I do love how EMT is basically like WELP I'M GOING TO HELL SEE Y'ALL THERE +high five+ (see ya there babes), and you're trying to say that hell is this place of torment and damnation and I feel a song coming on...


Okay, I won't speak for EMT (though I know her well enough to believe that she's unlikely to disagree), but Christianity, as a whole, is pretty much a blight on the planet. Let's throw out a quote from Gandhi right quick, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

Because you see, Jesus Netflix'd and chilled with all people - rich, poor, prostitutes (especially the prostitutes - do we really, really believe my dude stayed celibate the entire time?), tax collectors, religious men, soccer moms, political leaders, the rando on the street corner who wears just a thong and white guy dreads, everybody. Meanwhile, current Christians are all, well let me do a good deed and help those less fortunate than myself. I know! Let me clean out my closet. Well, no not that, that's too nice. I should resell that to [high end resale shop]. Okay, well maybe I could volunteer at the homeless shelter or women's shelter. But I just don't have the time... I know, I could make a charitable donation to [organization]. No, Darling Daughter needs braces and Darling Son is about to get his permit, so he needs a new car. I know, I'll post one of those repost-for-one-hour-to-raise-awareness on my Facebook and that'll be good enough.

OR! Better yet, let me sign up for a missionary trip to a 3rd world country. Because first of all, let's just put aside the fact that they have a belief system in place already, let's go, offer services that they don't have infrastructure to maintain and thereby make them dependent on visiting missionary trips for these services. Or, you take away from the community jobs they could be doing in the name of "charity." Which is really shady, when you think about it. Also, yes, the community does benefit from it in some ways, but really, while you say you're going to spread the word of god and give, you know you get a thrill for every like you get on your Instagram of you (an obviously WASPy woman) sitting with an African, malnourished child and the smug, self-righteous feeling as comments roll in on Facebook about how generous and humble you are to do the Lord's Work in Such Conditions. You graciously thank God for the Blessings you receive and chalk it up to Him and His Word, but really, it was a trip of self-righteous indulgence and self-fulfillment.

Now let's get into your post in detail shall we? Oh... by the way, I totes was raised Christian and I do know my Bible and I'm now on a good day, agnostic, on a bad day, atheist. Some of the time, I'm all LAWL @ A GOD UR FUNNY. And some of the time I go, well, humanity is pretty insignificant and despite our penchant for believing that we are the end all be all of the universe, who's to say that we are in fact the end of all evolution or intelligence? So, that's the reference I'm coming from, just so we're on even footing here.

Okay folks, it's about to get TL:DR up in here (too late). Proceed with caution.

OP wrote:

I don't know where to post this, but the Lord has been laying it on my heart for the past few days to tell people about Jesus. This burden is so strong that I have felt sick and very desperate to reach out to others and tell them about Jesus.

First off, I could be wrong, but it sure feels like Christianity is the only religion that inspires pyramid scheme levels of devotion and the need to recruit members and spread the word. Like the sick feeling you have is basically the same feeling my friend who I had to stop following on Instagram promoting Rodan + Fields has every time a new promotion comes out. Y'all need to get together and proselytize.

OP wrote:

I asked my Pastor if there were any ministries I could do through my church to serve God, but all he said to me was that if there was anything, he'd let me know. God has been driving me to serve Him so bad that I don't think I can wait much longer for an answer from my Pastor, I am desperate here and I don't think he understands just how urgent it is to witness to the lost.

Non-snarky response here, could you be being tested in patience? If you truly believe you have this calling, and your Pastor is postponing giving you direction, could this be God challenging your patience and your reward will be a ministry that will require that patience? Instead of plunging headfirst and assuming you know what's best, why not give God a chance to direct your steps? Prov 16:9

OP wrote:

It has brought me much anxiety thinking about it, because I know that this life does not last forever and one day, we all will die.

A lot of people today do not think about where they will spend eternity, and this thinking is a big mistake.

Despite the million things I do deal with on pretty regular basis - depression, a failing marriage, migraines and a myriad of other health issues - anxiety ain't high on that list. Incidentally I don't spend much any time thinking about where I'm going when I die. So, maybe stress less about the pearly gates and preaching about some dude in pretty chill robes and sandals, and more about actually effecting change within your community. Maybe. I dunno. But it works pretty well for me.

OP wrote:

But what happens after death? The Bible is the only book that can tell us what happens to us after we die. God Himself wrote this great book; it is probably the most important book that was ever written.

ACCCTTTTUUUUUAAAAALLLLLLLYYYY .... allegedly God inspired the writing of the Bible which is a totally different ball of yarn. Because you see, divine inspiration still leaves it open to fallible human interpretation. Also, translation issues mean that depending on the issue of the bible that we each pick up, my take away may have totally different context than yours, because people make mistakes.

OP wrote:

Do you mind if I quote some Scriptures? Some people get offended when I quote the Bible, but I never do. Do you know why? Because I am a Christian and I believe that Jesus is my Saviour. The Bible says so. And with that being said, I will give you some Bible verses to help you and educate you.

HHAHAHAHAHahahahahahhaAHAHAHHAHAhahahaha.

Oh dollface. I... I can't. Wowwwwwww. Okay. By all means, EDUCATE ME.

OP wrote:

So what happens after we die? The Bible teaches that man is a tripart being composed of spirit, soul, and a fleshly body. At death, our souls separate from our body and goes back to God to be judged by Him. God will judge everything we do in the body, whether good or bad.

Serious question. Exactly what is the difference between the soul and spirit then? Because I was always taught those two words were basically interchangeable, but you're making a clear distinction between them. I would love to hear what the difference is. Because if upon death, our soul departs for judgment, what does our spirit do? Head to the beach and drink mai-tais?

OP wrote:

But here is the bad news. You see, nobody is truly a good person. You see, only God is truly good.

THAT'S IT YOU GUYS. EVERYONE PACK IT UP.

*announcement sounds*
Please keep all hands and feet within the handbasket. Secure all loose items, we are not responsible for lost, missing, or demonic possessions. Fasten safety belts and enjoy the ride!

OP wrote:

Because mankind are sinners and on their way to a burning Hell.

Damn.

OP wrote:

So you see that you need to believe in your heart that God raised up Jesus from the dead, and you also need to confess with your mouth that Jesus Christ is the Lord.

So... basically, you're so super afraid of dying and going to hell that you made an account on a dance forum to preach the word of Jesus Christ in an effort to save some poor soul that might never have heard that Jesus is a coupon-mom? (He saves. It's a joke.)

OP wrote:

If you die without Christ, you will spend eternity in Hell. In our modern world today, people think that Hell is a place of never-ending parties and good times. They think that all of their friends will be there. But that is far from the truth. You would think that these people have never read the Bible, or that they have never taken it seriously.

Oh Jacqui. Can I call you Jacqui? Now, see, HERE'S THE THING. A belief in hell is contingent on a belief in god. So, when I say that I don't believe in an Almighty Omnipotent Being ready to cast judgment on my soul (but not my spirit, obviously, it's busy playing violent video games and making out with other spirits) it also means I don't believe in your hell. If I'm wrong? Well, jokes on me I guess? I will give you 100% permission to point and laugh and say, "I told you so." Christians dig that smug thing, so smug it up. But yeah. I'm hard pressed to believe in hell if I don't also believe in god.

Also, let's talk a little about hell shall we?

Imma copypasta these from the internet because I'm too lazy to type them all out.

Rev 21:8 - But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars - they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.

Rev 20:10 - And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

Rev 20:13-15 - 13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done. 14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death. 15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

First of all, I think it's important to start this off by everyone acknowledging that Revelation is a legit drug-induced trip. John got hella high on 'schrooms or dropped acid or had a dream after eating some really good pizza and wrote this... this... disjointed movie script that got panned by even the indie studios.

Now, to get a little context, here's the whole thing:
Spoiler: Show

The Thousand Years
1 And I saw an angel coming down out of heaven, having the key to the Abyss and holding in his hand a great chain.
2 He seized the dragon, that ancient serpent, who is the devil, or Satan, and bound him for a thousand years.
3 He threw him into the Abyss, and locked and sealed it over him, to keep him from deceiving the nations anymore until the thousand years were ended. After that, he must be set free for a short time.
4 I saw thrones on which were seated those who had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony about Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or its image and had not received its mark on their foreheads or their hands. They came to life and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 (The rest of the dead did not come to life until the thousand years were ended.) This is the first resurrection.
6 Blessed and holy are those who share in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.
The Judgment of Satan
7 When the thousand years are over, Satan will be released from his prison
8 and will go out to deceive the nations in the four corners of the earth "Gog and Magog" and to gather them for battle. In number they are like the sand on the seashore.
9 They marched across the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of God's people, the city he loves. But fire came down from heaven and devoured them.
10 And the devil, who deceived them, was thrown into the lake of burning sulfur, where the beast and the false prophet had been thrown. They will be tormented day and night for ever and ever.
The Judgment of the Dead
11 Then I saw a great white throne and him who was seated on it. The earth and the heavens fled from his presence, and there was no place for them.
12 And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Another book was opened, which is the book of life. The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books.
13 The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them, and each person was judged according to what they had done.
14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. The lake of fire is the second death.
15 Anyone whose name was not found written in the book of life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Riiiiight. So, I'd watch the heckfire out of that movie, but I have a REAL hard time making it parallel to reality in any way, shape or form. Because it's straight up a sci-fi fanatasy novel. Also, not to get too pedantic, but torment day and night is not the same as torture. Yes they are both unpleasant and can be synonymous, but they are not exactly the same. My cat is tormenting my kitten right now. The kidnapper tortured the girl. There's a HUGE difference there. Anyway.

More you say? Sure thing!

Jude 1:7 - In a similar way, Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding towns gave themselves up to sexual immorality and perversion. They serve as an example of those who suffer the punishment of eternal fire.

Matt 13:42 - They will throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matt 13:50 - and throw them into the blazing furnace, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Matt 25:41 - Then he will say to those on his left, "Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels."

Matt 25:46 - Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.

Mark 9:43 - If your hand causes you to stumble, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out.

2 Pe 2:4 For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, putting them in chains of darkness to be held for judgment

By the by, Matthew 13 is a parable and Matthew 25 is the illustration of the sheep and the goats, for what it's worth.

OP wrote:

The Bible teaches that Hell is a place of never-ending fire and torment, and my dear friend, that is not very much fun (this truth has scared a lot of people). It is a place of tears and no hope. It is darkness and loneliness. You won't be able to see anyone at all. It is eternal separation from God Himself. Since God is the Source of Joy and Happiness, that means that everything apart from Him is tears, sorrow, and no happiness. And that does not sound like very much fun at all, doesn't it?

First off, I ain't your friend. Secondly, you've obviously never been clinically depressed seeing as your depiction of hell and my experience with depression are basically one and the same. Bonus, they makes medications to help with that. Finally, depending on your bible, those scriptures read differently. So while you read blah blah doom and gloom, my bible actually translates to, meh, not so bad really given the context. But we already talked about that, the human fallacy of translating dead languages. Because, you know, if it were written by god, god might have chosen a language that could be accurately translated for centuries to come. Omniscient, except for that whole language thing. Damn Tower of Babel. You'd think he would have seen that coming. Hindsight is 20/20 what with the consequences of diverse languages and regionality and stuff. +shrug emoji+

OP wrote:

So my dear friend, for your own eternal safety, I pray that you will accept Jesus Christ into your heart today, and make Him Lord over your life.

NOPE.

And again, we are not friends, Jacqui.

OP wrote:

If you have done this, you need to find a Bible-believing church where you can grow in God's Word. And you also need to find out what God wants you to do with your life, so that you may serve Him.

OR you can decide where your beliefs lie, engage in a conversation with some of that religion or philosophy, read books on religion and educate yourself. Maybe Christianity floats your boat. Maybe you realize that your belief system aligns with Judaism. Maybe you realize that the Muslim faith holds the spiritual direction you need. Maybe you discover that while you aren't religious, you do maintain a spirituality. Maybe Jesus is a cool dude who you'd totally smoke a bowl with, maybe he's your God and Savior. Maybe we just need to have a little more respect for other people's belief systems (ironic I know given this entire post) and back off of being so judgmental and quick to assume our belief structure is the only right one. Maybe give the rocks a chance to shout out (Luke 19:40). Maybe stop demonizing all other religions beside Christianity. Christians tend to be THE most judgemental people I know. They tend to be responsible for the most hatred, the most terrorist actions, the most war-mongering, the most close-minded people out there.

TL:DR

I know Jesus. I choose not to follow him because FREEWILL and if I go to hell, welp, see you there my friends.
re: Does you know Jesus Christ? (karma: 2)
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:48 PM



Suma, you can be my co-pilot on the bus I'm driving.
re: Does you know Jesus Christ? (karma: 1)
By Sumayah Comments: 6889, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sun Jun 18, 2017 11:08 PM
SWEET! Partybus to hell!

Shotgun picks the music right?

Also, by directions you do mean type the address into google maps, yeah? Or should we just kick up our heels and have a glorious, debauchery filled life with lots of booze, illicit drugs, and sex? Because either way, count me in. ;)
re: Does you know Jesus Christ?
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 635, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:01 AM
@Ms. Sumayah: I hardley ever get into discussions about (or on ones) religion, but I just had to comment to your reply to the OP:
RIGHT ON!!there girl.

Just loved your reply and wanted you to know. And, P.S.- EMT is a very good friend of mine also!
re: Does you know Jesus Christ?
By imadanseurPremium member Comments: 16604, member since Thu Dec 04, 2003
On Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:26 AM
Have you ever converted someone with this incessant drivel? Honestly, this pushes me away from the church more and more when I see /hear this kind of talk. Walk the walk and then I'll respect your Christianity. Until then its all words and mumbo jumbo.
re: Does you know Jesus Christ?
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4732, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Thu Jun 22, 2017 12:15 PM
JaquelineDeane, Do you live in the Biblebelt? If you want to know the truth, I just cannot stand bible-thumpers who keep shoving their views down peoples' throats. Go ahead and have your own beliefs if you want, but don't come on here and tell all of us we are lost souls, and that we must accept your beliefs without question. Maybe you should become a televangelist or a cyber evangelist?
re: Does you know Jesus Christ? (karma: 3)
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6830, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:00 PM
JacquelineDeane5 wrote:

the Lord has been laying it on my heart for the past few days to tell people about Jesus. This burden is so strong that I have felt sick and very desperate to reach out to others and tell them about Jesus. I asked my Pastor if there were any ministries I could do through my church to serve God, but all he said to me was that if there was anything, he'd let me know. God has been driving me to serve Him so bad that I don't think I can wait much longer for an answer from my Pastor, I am desperate here and I don't think he understands just how urgent it is to witness to the lost. People are dying and going to Hell. That is no laughing matter.

So I am going to write a post and witness to the lost on here...


Jacqueline... First, let me commend your courage in posting this. It is clear you believe you are telling people something they have never heard before and further, you seem to believe if you share your understanding of certain translations of the Bible with others, you are serving God and will reap some kind of jewel in your crown at the end of your life here on Earth.

I am OLD, and therefore, this is NOT the first time I've read similar epistles directed at "the lost". BTW... most of us are not lost, but rather seekers of truth, and most of us find this is a life long quest. I am happy for you in that you seem happy in the outcome of your own quest. You seem convinced that your answer is the only answer and do not seem burdened with doubt or questions. It also seems that your actual exposure to the Bible has been selective, thus your lack of critical thinking in evaluating conflicting messages when taken literally. However, I must caution you against being so judgemental and opinionated that you insult your audience and perhaps drive away the very readers you hope to influence.

Many who have studied the Bible scholastically are actually believers, like yourself, yet understand allegory, metaphor, historical context, linguistic complexity, and human error in transcription and translation. We are able to look at the big picture, evaluate contradictions in terms of history, human nature and context, understand the human need for hope as well as the desire to offer comfort to others in times of difficulty. Some of us find Jesus of Nazareth a wonderful role model and happily follow his teachings as a way to guide our choices hoping for a better world. We do believe, "Love one another as I have loved you.", may well be the way to world peace. I do think you should know, however, that Jesus of Nazareth is NOT the only person to suggest such a world view. In fact, among Christians, there is soooooo much contention and infighting I suspect if Jesus himself was here among us right now, the shortest verse of the King James version of the Bible (John 11:35)would be repeated over and over in a "show don't tell" kind of way.

I will not disrespect you or any of the other posters by going point for point, chapter and verse, regarding your post, but I would like to address your opening remarks.

I am surprised your pastor did not have a more concrete suggestion about how to act on your desire to serve. Jesus said, "What so ever you do to the least of my brothers, so you do unto me." It is not necessary for you to convince others of your point of view but rather, SHOW your commitment to your stated beliefs by doing as Jesus himself would have done. Forgive the sinner....not accuse. Feed the hungry, shelter the homeless, clothe the naked, heal the sick, visit the imprisoned. There are food pantries in every city in this country. There are homeless people who could use a clean pair of socks, a pack of white tee shirts, some bottled water, or a few dollars. There are multiple charities raising money to help sick people and cure disease. You don't need your pastor's permission to get on a bus and find those in need. Help others by performing corporal acts of mercy. You will honor Jesus much more by showing kindness, compassion, and relief from suffering than by driving people away from his church by beating them over the head with your interpretation of the Bible.

Again... I mean no disrespect.... but it is unlikely that your post will accomplish anything other than driving people away from the teachings of Jesus, which is sad for you, as I do believe you want to share your love with others. No one likes to be told they are lost, told they are sinners, or told you, a stranger to most of them, are in a position to tell them what they should do, assuming you know what they actually ARE doing. If your intention is to help, then help. Be kind, be forgiving, love others as Jesus loves you. If your intention is to demonstrate your ability to recite recent Biblical translations, there are other forums which may serve your purposes in a more satisfactory way.

I said I wasn't going to quote chapter and verse, so forgive me if what I am about to say borders on this..... In the book of the Acts of the Apostles, the daily lives of the early Christians was reported in a way that was much different than the way many fundamentalists live today. They met daily in each others' homes "for the breaking of the bread" ("do this in memory of me...") and then went to the temple (yes, the Jewish temple...they were Jews....)as a group, and WERE ADMIRED because of the way they treated each other. They were kind, loving, cared for and about others....they were NOT preaching.

Finally, and I am not criticizing you or others who hold to their beliefs that more than half the people on this planet will burn in hell, but I must defend the rest of God's children. MANY good, decent, people hold beliefs different than yours. Some are Buddhists, Muslims, Scientologists, or Atheists, to just name a few possibilities. Just because you believe things are a certain way does not make their beliefs any less valid than yours. For instance, did you know that although many on the Christian Right preach against homosexuality, Jesus NEVER ONCE mentioned it? It was a well know part of the human condition in the ancient world and had been for thousands of years, yet Jesus never called it out as "Sin". We should be really careful about preaching to others about what constitutes sin, and doing it in Jesus' name, as this is NOT something he himself did.

I happen to have several children of my own. I love them all. MOST of them hold their own beliefs, different than mine, and yet I still love them equally. If I, a mere human sinner, am capable of loving my children as God made them, I am certain God can do the same. I would NEVER condemn my own children to burn in hell, and I do not believe God would either. Please consider this and perhaps it will easy your anxiety about people burning in hell. Jesus himself told his followers to not worry. And this too, is not a laughing matter.

Hugs to all.

Keep On Dancing*
re: Does you know Jesus Christ?
By CinderEmma Comments: 140, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Sat Jul 01, 2017 11:27 AM
At first, I didn't want to enter this religious fray because I think this is a dance site and not the best place for religious debate. But as a powerful catholic myself, the Holy Spirit has changed my mind.

Regardless of what we believe in, I just know that Jesus loves everybody immensely and that Hell is the last place He wants us to end up in. When He died on the cross, He opened the way for forgiveness of sins. No matter what we do, if we repent and ask God for forgiveness, then we are no longer guilty of that sin.

(By the way, anybody who is a friend of Jesus is my friend as well.)
re: Does you know Jesus Christ?
By Dancing_EMTmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 3466, member since Wed Dec 08, 2004
On Sat Jul 01, 2017 06:35 PM
CinderEmma wrote:

At first, I didn't want to enter this religious fray because I think this is a dance site and not the best place for religious debate. But as a powerful catholic myself, the Holy Spirit has changed my mind.

Regardless of what we believe in, I just know that Jesus loves everybody immensely and that Hell is the last place He wants us to end up in. When He died on the cross, He opened the way for forgiveness of sins. No matter what we do, if we repent and ask God for forgiveness, then we are no longer guilty of that sin.

(By the way, anybody who is a friend of Jesus is my friend as well.)


There's a HUGE difference between being religious and chill about it, than shoving it down people's throats, like OP did. I have a few friends who are really religious, but we all get along because they don't shove it down people's throats. I'm not overly religious because there are way too many judgmental people at church. I'm openly bisexual, while I don't flaunt it, I don't hide it. If you see me wearing a pride shirt, and ask if I support the LGBT community, I'll tell you very proudly that I do because my best friend is gay and I'm bi.
re: Does you know Jesus Christ?
By CinderEmma Comments: 140, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Sun Jul 02, 2017 09:52 AM
Edited by CinderEmma (277630) on 2017-07-02 09:54:21 combining paragraphs
I agree. I do not mind if somebody believes in something different, as long as they do not try to push it on me. If I ask for guidance, that is another story, but even as a Catholic and soldier of God myself, I believe everybody is entitled to their own beliefs. That doesn't mean it was wrong for you to come here, JacquelineDeane5, for who am I to argue with the Holy Spirit? I just think you came in a little strong, that's all.

Perhaps the Holy Spirit brought you here for another reason? If this specific site was calling to you, then I think you should stay and make maybe make a few, non-religious, more dance-related posts so we can all get to know you better. Then sooner or later, something will happen that shows why the Holy Spirit called you to us. On the other hand, if you were just going down a list and this site just so happened to be on that list, then I think you should reconsider your target audience.
re: Does you know Jesus Christ? (karma: 1)
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4732, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Tue Jul 18, 2017 09:52 AM
I just saw, Jacqueline, that you posted a topic of this nature on the Irish forum. If you want to try to save lost souls, consider becoming a cyber evangelist, and start a website of your own that deals only with with saving people who have strayed from the holy flock. I begin to wonder now if you see dance as being somewhat sinful, shows the body off too much, ans gives the dancers and audience sinful and lustful thoughts.

I wonder if you've ever noticed that Christianity is a very violent religious faith. Consider the Crusades, the Spanish Inquisition, the Holocaust. and the Salem Witch Trials. I feel sure the list could go on. These are some of the most violent mass murders in human history, done in the name of Christianity. In church, too, we're taught about a peaceful, ever loving God and about God created us in His image. In the next breath, we're taught about a vengeful God and His terrible vengeance against sinner. It makss you wonder which one to believe. It makes me think God is not at all peaceful and ever loving God we're led to believe. We human beings are not peaceful and ever loving. In fact, we're some of the most violent animals on the planet.

ReplySendWatch