Forum: Advice / Ask a Parent

Ask a Parent
Switching studios? Pre-pro ballet.
By ClaraDances Comments: 6, member since Tue Jun 20, 2017
On Thu Jun 22, 2017 01:13 AM

Hi! I'm a dedicated ballet student currently dancing at a rec studio. I got into Evergreen City Ballet intensive this summer, and I am starting this Monday! ECB is pre-pro even though alot of the girls that go there aren't wanting to be professional, I would be averaging about 25 hours ballet training per week.

However, right now, I'm very very very happy at my rec studio. I dance 3x per week, but next year I would be moving that up to 5x per week with multiple classes.

I'm torn because I love my rec studio, the artistic director loves me and told me she wants me to be Clara in Nutcracker next year, and to teach the babies once or twice a week. But the new studio performs 4x a year all the way up to 20x a year. They don't know me at the new studio, but they will after the summer.

I just don't know what to do.

3 Replies to Switching studios? Pre-pro ballet.

re: Switching studios? Pre-pro ballet.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:45 AM
What new studio? Where is there mention of a second studio in this story?
By ClaraDances Comments: 6, member since Tue Jun 20, 2017
On Fri Jun 23, 2017 04:27 PM
I'm sorry I should have made this more clear. The new studio is Evergreen City Ballet, the one I'm going to for my summer intensive. The old studio is the recreational studio I mentioned.
By hummingbird Comments: 10412, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Fri Jun 23, 2017 05:38 PM
I would do the summer intensive first and then make up my mind properly afterwards. I hope this new studio is everything you want it to be and that you do well in the intensive but until that's happened don't make up your mind.

To be honest a good school and teacher will be delighted that you've decided to take your training further and will be very proud of your accomplishments because, lets face it, they're also their accomplishments.

ReplySendWatch