Forum: Music

Looking for CD Player/Sound System Recommendations
By Jenny1661Premium member
On Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:31 AM

Hi all,

I'm looking for recommendations on a new cd player stereo system for my studio. What do you use for your studios?
Whether you have recommendations of systems that you liked or didn't, I would love to hear from you!

We've typically bought $200 shelf systems, but they don't have longevity at all. We do have a budget, but could save up, so all price ranges could be helpful information.

Our requirements: play cds, have an audio jack (for playing from a laptop), and bluetooth capability would be nice but not a necessity.

Our space is approximately 1,200 square feet, with a very high ceiling. There is background noise from the heating duct system, so it needs to be fairly loud (we are a backstage studio at our Opera House).

Thanks in advance for your help!

2 Replies to Looking for CD Player/Sound System Recommendations

re: Looking for CD Player/Sound System Recommendations
By LeDanser
On Mon Jul 24, 2017 05:51 PM
I personally would recommend a PA system, which can serve double duty as it is portable. Some offer with a built in CD player, but I prefer to work off my Spotify playlists from my phone...
The link is to the one I have. I bought it for $299.00 on Amazon several years ago and it's still going strong, I will say that I am currently in the market to replace it with a blue tooth version (which will make my life so much easier).
www.amazon.com . . .
re: Looking for CD Player/Sound System Recommendations
By Jenny1661Premium member
On Tue Aug 01, 2017 09:51 AM
Thank you, @LeDanser! I will be checking that out.

ReplySendWatch