Forum: Irish / Irish - Dressmakers & Costumers

Irish - Dressmakers & Costumers
Average price of a solo dress for U19 dancer ? Any recommendations ?
By DanceMam2013 Comments: 3, member since Fri Jun 30, 2017
On Fri Jun 30, 2017 05:00 AM

What is the average price of a solo dress from these dressmakers ? Who would you recommend ?

Doire Dress Designs
Gavin
Rising Star Designs
Elevation

Many thanks

3 Replies to Average price of a solo dress for U19 dancer ? Any recommendations ?

re: Average price of a solo dress for U19 dancer ? Any recommendations ?
By StrattonBlack Comments: 59, member since Mon Apr 22, 2013
On Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:27 AM
I have seen several come in over the last few months from BNDM that have full bling (some of the above listed) and they all ran between $2,500 to $3,000 or a little over. I'm not sure what they would run with no bling.
By boleyngrrl Comments: 2550, member since Sat Apr 15, 2006
On Tue Jul 11, 2017 01:21 PM
StrattonBlack is right on as far as pricing--because the exchange rates just increased, if you're ordering from the states, if you can wait you may want to because stuff right now might be a little over that. 4 months ago it was about US$1.07 to 1EUR and $1.15 to 1GBP, but it's up to almost $1.14 and $1.29 respectively. I have seen some excellent stuff coming out of Elevation and Rising Star, and both give you a lot of input into design. Communication with both is very good. Doire's stuff is gorgeous and you get a lot of input in design from what I've heard, but I know there was a family thing that arose that was affecting delivery dates and communication around Oireachtas time. I believe it's over now because the stuff at NAIDC was very nice, but it's something to consider.
By tollersis Comments: 1, member since Thu Apr 27, 2017
On Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:39 AM
If you get one brand new straight from the dressmaker it would probably end up being about 2000-3000 dollars depending on dressmaker, material, and amount of bling. A dress around a year old from one of these dressmakers would most likely range around 1200 to 1800 dollars. A dress multiple years old would probably be around 800 to 1200 dollars if it is not horribly out of style, nice but not in the top worlds competition trends. Good luck getting a dress!

ReplySendWatch