Forum: Advice / Girls Only PG-13

Girls Only PG-13
Rubbing/chaffing from the center seam of my tights
By CinderEmma Comments: 135, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Sun Jul 09, 2017 01:49 PM
Edited by CinderEmma (277630) on 2017-07-09 13:52:31 rewrite sentense

Hey ladies! Okay, so I've mentioned before that I have a rare hypersensitivity condition and my neurologist considers me a "super feeler", and that basically I have up to eight times as many sensory nerve endings as normal women do.

My issue is that the seam down the front of my tights can rub and be extremely irritating which is something I have little control over. (Although it will occasionally feel quite nice if it accidently hits the right spot in my "girl zone", if you know what I mean, (wink)). As a superfeeler, nylon is one of the few materials that I can handle next to my skin, which is why I wear tights so often. It also means that underwear is completely out of the question.

Has anyone else ever experienced any rubbing or chaffing from the seam of her tights? I know I'm not alone on this so I would greatly appreciate it if some of you other ladies could help me out here. For example, can I wear my tights inside out? Are there tights that are 100% seamless? Can I readjust that little lemon-shaped panel so the seams around it only rub against my clitoris? (remember, we're all grown ups here). Or am I just pulling the seam too high up my crotch when I put my tights on? (Sorry for the awkward details, but it was kind of necessary.) Karma for any brave women who are willing to give me suggestions. Thanks!

P.S. Don't expect any karma if you think I should wear underwear under my tights. That's ten times worse than the seam!

6 Replies to Rubbing/chaffing from the center seam of my tights

re: Rubbing/chaffing from the center seam of my tights (karma: 1)
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4726, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Sun Jul 09, 2017 07:34 PM
Are your tights maybe too small? Maybe see if you could find a pair about a half size bigger and see if you experience the same feeling.
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6815, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Sun Jul 09, 2017 09:54 PM
A different brand might help. I know you have a huge collection (read another of your old posts) but perhaps a brand with a cotton gusset and a looser fit might be more appropriate.

Revolution has a waist band that is so "non binding" sometimes they fall down!

The other option might be a carefully selected thong.

Good luck

Keep On Dancing*
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10712, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Mon Jul 10, 2017 03:59 AM
I am not as extreme as you, but also very sensitive.
You know these little tags they sew into clothes? I must remove them. Completely. The tiniest bit left makes me scratch myself until I bleed.
Seems on underwear I hate too. With seems on tights I can mostly live, so as I said, I am not as extreme.

However, the underwear problem can be quite big. I only wear seemfree underwear and even there I have very exact ideas how they must look like. And oh dear if they're just slightly too small. Even if it may not be pretty I rather buy them too big then too small. (btw, my boyfriend doesn't mind that)

Long story short: I would try out different brands of tights in your case and at least one size bigger then your size actually is, maybe even two sizes. This way you might find a solution like I did with my underwear.

(slightly embarrassing note: my underwear got HUGE this season as I am pregnant and absolutely HATE HATE HATE it when anything is too tight near belly area. I sometimes wonder if towards the end of pregnancy I will end up with granny-underwear.)
re: Rubbing/chaffing from the center seam of my tights
By CinderEmma Comments: 135, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Mon Jul 10, 2017 07:19 AM
Yes, I always buy a size larger because the extra material eliminates some of the "pulling" on the threads which prolongs the tights' lifespan. But I also buy a size larger because there is more material for me to pull up around my pelvic bones and allows me to sometimes even attatch the waistband to the bottom of my bra if I so happen to be wearing one.

When you mention gusset, I assume you are talking about that lemon-shaped panel? If you are, I think the gusset's material itself isn't as important as the size of the gusset, because it is the seam encircling the gusset that I will be feeling. (Although Mondor tights have a little air holes in its gusset which feel kind of nice for me, but probably won't even be felt for other people who are not superfeelers. I do know that the smaller the gusset, the nicer the gusset feels, because there is obviously less seam. Some of the Studio Basic Capezio tights have such large gussets I'm surprised they don't show from under my leotard. However, the Capezio bodytights and the Eurotard footed/convertible tights have gussets only and inch or two wide which I absoultely love! And the Eurotard/Euroskins bodytight doesn't even seem to have a gusset at all, just a very large circle seam that goes entirely around the "girl zone" and the middle is just the same sheer nylon as the legs. Those are my favorite.

I cannot wear thongs the way they are supposed to be worn. It hurts too much. The only way I can wear a thong is if it is OVER my tights, which I only do that for dates or leisure. Never for dance class as my leotard is sufficient enough for me.

To Kathy: I so completely forgot to mention those tags! I hate those tags! But for me,sometimes cutting them off makes it worse for me because it leaves this little jagged leftover edge sticking out from the back of the waistband. And it doesn't show in the online photos on the discount dance website, but the Revolution Bodytights has this big white tag right in the butt area. What were they thinking putting a tag way down there?
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10712, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Mon Jul 10, 2017 08:09 AM
CinderEmma wrote:

To Kathy: I so completely forgot to mention those tags! I hate those tags! But for me,sometimes cutting them off makes it worse for me because it leaves this little jagged leftover edge sticking out from the back of the waistband. And it doesn't show in the online photos on the discount dance website, but the Revolution Bodytights has this big white tag right in the butt area. What were they thinking putting a tag way down there?

Yep, those jagged leftovers can be worse! I operate them out somehow, which is often incredibly difficult without destroying the seam, sometimes impossible. I rather re-sew the seam at this part though then going on with the leftover.

My maternity trousers had a tag on the lower thigh area. took me a while to understand why I was constantly scratching myself there, because I really didn't expect a tag to be THERE.
Those where also tags I had to remove completely, because even then tiniest leftover drove me nuts.

Being sensitive to things like that can be horror, so I can only imagine how it must be for you, if you feel it even more then I do. AWFUL.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34891, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:23 PM
Yeah, there's actually no way to guarantee that were all adults here, this is a completely public forum, anyone can see or read any of this. It's one of the main reasons we encourage people not to post their public information. So you have a vagina, stuff feels good when it touches it, got it.

ReplySendWatch