Forum: Highland / Highland - For Sale / Wanted

Highland For Sale - Wanted
Wanted: adult/older teen jacket or vest, dark green or black
By marginalia Comments: 16, member since Tue Apr 11, 2017
On Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:53 AM

Hello, all! I am seeking a jacket to match my beautiful Glenmore dress green kilt: www.dance.net . . .

As you can see, the colors are very earthy. I'm actually hoping to purchase a similar color as the jacket listed; this jacket, which was beautiful, was too small in the shoulders. The color is sort of a dark olive or army green with a copper undertone; you can't really see that copper in the photo, but it's unique and gorgeous. It's a very dark, very warm green. I'm hoping for gold braiding, but beggars can't be choosers : ) Black with a gold braid would work, as well, or a rich, dark brown even.

Here are my measurements, more or less (these are my measurements, so the outside measurements of the jacket would be a little larger):

- 36-37" bust
- 29" waist (possibly a hair larger due to kilt)
- 37" hips (also possibly larger due to kilt)
- 23" outside arm (there's some wiggle room here)
- 21-22" length, shoulder to point (again, some wiggle room)

Here's the kicker: I have broad shoulders. It's hard to measure this on my own! If you're a former gymnast or swimmer, or someone blessed with the shoulders that act as their own shoulderpads, and looking to get rid of a jacket, let me know! Let's make a deal. (If you have a vest that meets these requirements, I may also be interested.)

Related: I am also looking to sell the jacket from the above listing. Measurements are approximately one inch smaller than my measurements listed above. Truly stunning. We can haggle.

Thanks!

1 Replies to Wanted: adult/older teen jacket or vest, dark green or black

re: Wanted: adult/older teen jacket or vest, dark green or black
By Highland_Kristanmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 754, member since Thu Sep 09, 2004
On Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:17 AM
I have a well-loved black jacket, silver braid. Its a size 38 from highland in style, if you go to the website you can see the size chart. I too have wide shoulders and it fit me well. I would be asking $100 Canadian plus shipping. If this interests you at all let me know! Love the kilt by the way!

ReplySendWatch