Forum: General / General

General
Nervous for Summer Dance Camp
By jayseree Comments: 7, member since Thu Mar 02, 2017
On Thu Jul 20, 2017 08:37 PM

Hello :)

I'm joining a summer dance camp in August and I'm a bit nervous. I've been placed in a level that's a bit higher than what I think I deserve.

They placed me there because of my ballet level but I've never done jazz, which is also in the program and I've seen the people in that level dance. (spoiler: they're really good)

There's a level assessment throughout the first week and it would be an absolute nightmare, in my opinion, to be dropped a level (which is more likely than it is not).

I also have a bit of social anxiety because if I were to be dropped, I'm worried that I'll be judged (because I know some of the people there). As much as I hate to admit it, I still have my pride.

I think I wrote this mainly to let some feelings out but if anyone has any tips on dealing with nerves, then that would be great.

1 Replies to Nervous for Summer Dance Camp

re: Nervous for Summer Dance Camp
By jms9t2 Comments: 29, member since Fri Mar 10, 2017
On Thu Jul 20, 2017 09:49 PM
I have found that the most mature students are the ones who jump into something new with an open-mind and aren't afraid to make mistakes and ask questions. If you put forth your best effort and are open to feedback, the teachers will notice and respect that. You are there to learn, and they are there to teach you, so make the most of your time. Those who are willing to put themselves out there come out ahead in the end.
Good luck and have fun!

ReplySendWatch