Forum: General / General

General
Baby loss support (karma: 1)
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Mon Jul 24, 2017 01:51 PM

I wanted to post this here because I know a lot of us DDN members from the old days still browse occasionally and I thought you guys would like to know what I've been working on!

In April 2017 I launched a baby loss support organization (currently trying to save money so I can apply to be a nonprofit). After my miscarriage in September 2015 my heart was so heavy knowing the amount of women who have suffered through the same pain. If you want to know more check out my website! genesisandjoy.com

I'm also fundraising for a special event this fall, you can find info about that and see the shirts I'm selling at www.bonfire.com . . . There are two different styles and three colors available.

Hope you guys are all doing well! I miss the old days of DDN! The last picture is of Naomi and myself a couple weeks ago. She'll be 9 months on August 3rd, and I really think she's going to walk soon. She can stand up on her own, it's so bittersweet!

2 Replies to Baby loss support

re: Baby loss support
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6865, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:17 PM
Hi Krystal,

I'm so glad you posted. Believe it or not, I think of you from time to time and wonder how your family is doing.

I think it is wonderful that you started this support group. I wish you the very best with it.

When I was pregnant with my third child I met a woman at Bedtime Story Hour at the library. I was playing with my two year old while my 4 year old was in the "story group". She noticed I was 8 months pregnant, and asked, "Is this your third baby?" I said, "Yes." She then asked, "Is this your third pregnancy?" I was kind of taken aback but said, "No.... I lost my first in the fourth month." She then told me her own story (delivered a still born at 6 months) and added, "I hope you don't mind me talking about this. I am in therapy and my therapist said it is important for me to realize many women have experienced this loss. It is so common, we are just expected to accept platitudes and move on. I'm still working on it. I don't believe, it is for the best or any of the other things I've been told." We chatted for a while and afterwards I thought of her often and the many things that were so heavy on her heart many, many, times since that night. That was decades ago.

I wish you well with your support group. My daughter in law delivered a 6 pound little boy prematurely and he died a few minutes after being born, two years ago. It was a very painful time, and as you noted, the birth of their healthy baby a year later was bittersweet. God bless you for having the heart and the strength to be a light for others in their darkest night. xoxoxo

Keep On Dancing*
re: Baby loss support (karma: 1)
By Krystalmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 8458, member since Tue Sep 02, 2003
On Wed Aug 02, 2017 03:54 PM
Thank you so much! This keeps me really busy. I mail out at least one card per day normally and get requests about as often. I've been doing this since April 1st of this year, I'll be excited in 2018 to count up all my totals and see how many I sent out. It's incredibly because this has already reached other continents; I've mailed cards to South Africa, Ireland, and Brazil just to name a few.

My little fam is doing well! My husband works ALL the time as a Marine Corps recruiter so we really only see each other on Sundays (if we're lucky). He'll be getting out once this tour is over, we're both done with this crazy lifestyle! Hope you're well!

ReplySendWatch