Forum: General / Tell dance.net

Page:
Page 1 of 21 2
Tell dance.net
DDN is now responsive / mobile-friendly
By linhPremium member Comments: 2688, member since Sun Mar 07, 1999
On Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:36 AM

OK, this has been a long time coming, but I finally pulled the switch and changed to the mobile-friendly version of DDN. I'm still working out the kinks, but here are some helpful hints until all is done: - You can login via the home page - The tabs are gone until I figure out how to make it look good with the menu system. For now, you can click on the tabbed areas by going to the home page. Things To Do: - Add back a way to view your profile easily, read PMs, etc. - More cosmetic changes to make the site easier to use So now that we crossed the big hurdle, it should be much easier to make changes. Please let me know what's broken or a new feature we should add. My goal is to make this site very fast and easy to use on any device, and make it fun, informative, and a great place to hang out. And hopefully I get to interact more, now, too. :) Thanks for the veterans who still come to help and share your love of dance! Linh

26 Replies to DDN is now responsive / mobile-friendly

re: DDN is now responsive / mobile-friendly
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1265, member since Thu May 11, 2006
On Thu Jul 27, 2017 08:45 AM
How exciting, Linh! Thanks for all your hard work!

The layout on the desktop is a little funky with the change, mainly regarding the text margins. Is there a way to adjust the side margins on desktop viewing to match the body with the top and bottom margins of the page? See attached.
By kinsidhe Comments: 253, member since Fri May 14, 2010
On Thu Jul 27, 2017 09:32 AM
Agree with Sjerose: Margins on desktops are a bit off so text is off screen.

Finding that none of the tabs above seem to be working at the moment except for the hot! one. The Highland one did work last night.

Was unable to find 'login' on home page. Not sure really what the home page is so maybe looking in the wrong place? I was already logged in obviously! but trying to find my way around the new interface.

Thanks for all the hard work!
K. (Desktop only user)
On Thu Jul 27, 2017 09:33 AM
Huh....seems the tabs are working from inside the posts, just not from the "All Active Topics" page.
By hummingbird Comments: 10441, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Thu Jul 27, 2017 05:31 PM
Nice!

Though I have to say my internet has been slllloooooowwww today because of the heat we're having here and I thought it had broken the site :)
By Serendipity42Premium member Comments: 2271, member since Sun Aug 16, 2009
On Thu Jul 27, 2017 08:23 PM
Same here, Hummingbird! I thought the site was down. The "scary place" appears to be down, so I thought perhaps there was a connection somewhere.
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4741, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Sun Jul 30, 2017 07:36 PM
How can I read my PMs? When I manage to get onto my user profile, I don't see anywhere to click to read my PMs. I suppose it's going to take a while to get used to the new layout.
On Mon Jul 31, 2017 08:52 AM
I couldn't find the button to view pm's but I did find you can access them if you click the 'send a pm' button. When you get to that page you'll see the option to read your pm's under the message box. At least that way you can actually read them.
By CinderEmma Comments: 151, member since Mon Sep 05, 2016
On Wed Aug 02, 2017 09:56 AM
Why are is it that when I zoom into my own images on my profile, they are all scrambled up but when I zoom back out again, they are back to normal?
By Dancinlassie Comments: 249, member since Sun Jul 29, 2007
On Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:39 PM
Any update to this thread?

I'm not able to access any forums on the grey header bar.

I can't find my profile page unless I find a post that I commented on and click on my user name.

Thanks!
On Mon Aug 07, 2017 02:38 PM
I have the same issues as Dancinlassie above.

many thanks!
On Mon Aug 07, 2017 06:21 PM
I have the same issues as Dancinglassie and kinsidhe. Is there any way to fix this?
On Tue Aug 08, 2017 06:41 PM
I'd like to know, too, how we will know when we get a PM?
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10720, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Wed Aug 09, 2017 03:14 AM
Okay, so the tabs are working for me now, but in the past I could click the main tab itself to get an overview over ALL boards that are under this tab.
This still doesn't work yet.
I liked it a lot, because I always looked into ALL balletboards at once this way and also ALL general boards at once. Without having to click from board to board under these categories.
On Wed Aug 09, 2017 02:28 PM
When I'm on a forum, I'm not liking having to click the back button to get out of the forum and be able to get the drop down menu of another forum to get onto that forum. What's causing this to happen?
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10720, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Sat Aug 12, 2017 03:06 AM
I correct myself, tabs are not working anymore.
On Sat Aug 12, 2017 03:07 AM
Another corection: they seem to work after I give a reply, very weird.
By sjerosemember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1265, member since Thu May 11, 2006
On Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:09 AM
I can see posts from the "Ask a Studio Owner" section, but I thought that was one of the protected sections of the site? I'm not a Studio Owner. Someone correct me if I'm thinking of a different subforum?
On Mon Aug 14, 2017 08:19 PM
The "Ask a Studio Owner" board is not a private board. All of the other boards from the Owners section (studio owners general, studio owners photos, studio owners marketing) are private.

Would someone please tell me how we will know if we get a new PM?
On Tue Aug 15, 2017 07:26 AM
Ask a studio owner was never a private board, it was only ever the other SO forums that were private.

You still get emails about having a pm.
On Tue Aug 15, 2017 07:32 AM
Would someone please tell me why all my photos get scrambled when I zoom in to them?
On Tue Aug 15, 2017 11:05 AM
Thanks for clarifying, friends! Just wanted to make sure.
On Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:11 AM
oh, the previous look is back!
Might not be mobile-friendly but seriously, I like it waaahaaay better. The other look appeared chaotic somehow? It was so difficult to see right away what was important and what not.
On Thu Aug 17, 2017 09:37 AM
I do appreciate the effort, and I hope that the feedback on this latest go of it helps the next time it gets pushed to into production. :) It looks really promising Linh and I can't wait to see it when more of the kinks have been smoothed out! It's got to be a tough balance to manage on the back end. I'm always happy to help UAT at any time.
On Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:11 AM
:) My avatar photo is no longer scrambled!
Page:
Page 1 of 21 2

ReplySendWatch