Forum: Music / Musical Theater

Funny musical Theater solo dance song for 13 yr old boy
By Marthann575
On Wed Aug 02, 2017 02:14 PM

I am looking for a funny male musical Theater solo dance song for my son. He's 13 years old. He has amazing skills and acrobatics and great acting skills.

5 Replies to Funny musical Theater solo dance song for 13 yr old boy

re: Funny musical Theater solo dance song for 13 yr old boy
By Sumayah
On Wed Aug 02, 2017 03:05 PM
I mean I know Hamilton is done to death at this point, but I still love it. Instead of going typical Hamilton though, why not go for "You'll Be Back" and play up the campy King of England? There's a ton of great comedic musicals, surely he's got a favorite?
By ChristinePremium member
On Wed Aug 02, 2017 05:38 PM
Have you looked over Newsies? Or some of the classics like, I Just Can't Wait to Be King, from the Lion King, or Step In Time, from Mary Poppins? There is also an acro number in Matilda, but I don't remember which one...sorry.

Why Can't A Woman Be More Like A Man, from My Fair Lady doesn't have a ton of acro in it's original form but I could see it easily being added. Same for, Trouble In River City, from The Music Man

Keep On Dancing*
By DancerMom2plus1
On Fri Aug 04, 2017 06:41 PM
Maybe something from Guys and Dolls (Luck be a Lady or Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat)?
By netmum
On Mon Aug 07, 2017 09:03 AM
The acro/gymnastics number from Matilda is The Smell of Rebellion. I don't think it would work well as a solo as its basically Miss Trunchbull Ranting whilst the kids take part in a gymnastics class behind her.

King of New York from Newsies would be good
By netmum
On Mon Aug 07, 2017 09:04 AM
My own 13 year son adores Its A Musical from Something Rotten, I think there is a little bit of swearing in it though if you don't mind that.

ReplySendWatch