Forum: General / General

General
First World Problems (volume 2)
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6865, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Tue Sep 05, 2017 09:45 PM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2017-09-05 21:48:38 typo
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2017-09-05 21:54:29 fixed markup

Remember this thread? www.dance.net . . .

It came to mind tonight when a California Girlfriend of mine posted this...

As if things weren't bad enough !! Drove all the way to Costco for
rotisserie chickens..
NO CHICKENS ?? :( :( :(

I'm not sure what to say.

In the past week, we here in the USA have been dealing with:

North Korea underground H-bomb test and all the threats that go with

Dreamers living in fear

Neo Nazis

KKK

Two horrible hurricanes

Wildfires

and the ongoing disappointing political situation that seems to be threatening the democracy

On a personal level, a dear friend is on the brink of divorce after 14 years of what seemed like a solid marriage

A dear friend who has been fighting cancer lost the fight, leaving her college aged daughter (only child, parents divorced)alone

BUT.... my adorable friend writes, "As if things weren't bad enough...." and for the first time in days, I actually laughed out loud.

Soooooooooooooooo..... bring it on.

Let's celebrate the stupidity of complaining about ...well...stupid things. And who knows...we might find something to laugh about

Let's go....

I made three batches of homemade cookies yesterday for a party and there were so many maple walnut oatmeal left over, I suspect no one liked them. My feelings are sooooooooo hurt....

Your turn!

Keep On Dancing*

12 Replies to First World Problems (volume 2)

re: First World Problems (volume 2) (karma: 1)
On Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:07 AM
Another....

Last month I attended a dance convention and had to lug around a bag of dance shoes that left my hands blistered.

Three pairs of tap shoes, jazz sneakers, two pairs of ballet shoes (black and pink depending on my choice of tights for the day)a pair of character shoes (sometimes we need heels!) and pointe shoes REALLY weigh a lot!

I KNOW there are children in 3rd world nations who strap plastic water bottles to their feet with duct tape, because they have no shoes, BUT the blisters on my hands are only now healing up!

....and imagine the stress all this weight put on the handles of my beautiful Coach tote bag!

Keep On Dancing*
re: First World Problems (volume 2) (karma: 2)
By Kathymember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 10720, member since Wed Mar 05, 2003
On Thu Sep 07, 2017 04:36 AM
Big first world problem.
I am annoyed to filled out paperwork to receive money for not working (soon coming motherhood money). HAH. Beat that!
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34923, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:19 PM
I have an online friend that, god love that woman - she tries hard, but sometimes messes stuff up. Every time I hear "First World Problems", I think of a post she made.

She posted that she hadn't worked out that day yet, and knew she needed to, but was also hungry. She couldn't decide whether she needed to eat first, and then work out with something on her stomach, or work out on an empty stomach. She then posted "Third world problems, right?!" with a laughy faced emoji.

I could not come up with a single polite way to go "Girl, no. 'Third World Problems' are like "Is the government going to force my kid into military service today?" and "Will the parasites in the only available drinking water I have kill my family today?", not "Hmmm, do I do yoga now, or after I have my smoothie?"

So...I guess my first world problem is that not everyone is aware that they've got it pretty friggin' good, LOL...
re: First World Problems (volume 2)
On Sat Sep 09, 2017 09:53 AM
I'm starting to think I might need to adjust my Facebook connections.... this was posted today on a "Mom" page

Where can I buy nicely decorated treats for my dog's first birthday? Something that's not bad for her, so nothing sugary.
Her birthday is on Wednesday.
If anyone would like to follow her adventures, she can be found in here and IG under the username xxxx - she's a stunning little Shiba Inu

First birthdays are soooo important to puppies! I
can COMPLETELY understand why they need to be "nicely decorated"

Keep On Dancing*
By kandykanePremium member Comments: 16430, member since Mon May 01, 2006
On Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:47 PM
When the family argues over which restaurant to eat out at for dinner. Oy, just pick. I promise they will have something you will eat. And yes, mom will pick up the tab.

kk~
By kinsidhe Comments: 253, member since Fri May 14, 2010
On Mon Sep 11, 2017 08:46 AM
There is a serious lack of gluten free donuts that do not taste like recycled sawdust. :(
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 640, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sat Sep 16, 2017 02:29 PM
O.k, ...I'll play along.

At the age of only 51, having your financial advisor inform you that you do not really have to work any longer (to take care of your needs) unless you really have some burning desire to do so for some ungodly reason.
By foreverlostmember has saluted, click to view salute photos Comments: 1920, member since Sun Feb 15, 2004
On Mon Sep 18, 2017 02:23 PM
I had too many mimosas yesterday and I'm not feeling too hot at work.
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 7577, member since Sat Jan 04, 2003
On Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:23 PM
For me, my ultimate first world problem is lamenting/complaining my thesis (mainly the writing component) all the time, whilst being so lucky to pursue a degree like this at a relatively respected university with an incredibly supportive supervisor.

Whilst writing on individuals facing persecution from their own governments, and struggling with livelihood disruption due to environmental ills caused by the upper classes of society. *headdesk*
By fairy_dustmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6586, member since Sun Jan 20, 2002
On Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:07 AM
I ran out of the pesto sauce my aunt brought over last week, so now I'll have to buy ingredients to make some myself if I want more.

Because I often have to work evenings at this time of the year, I had to miss a friend's birthday dinner in a Korean restaurant, and showed up at the bar (they went to an Irish pub for drinks after the dinner) after the kitchen had already closed. Then, because the metro (subway) had closed for the night after we came out of the bar, I had to walk part of the way home because the busses in this city aren't very frequent at night.
re: First World Problems (volume 2)
On Thu Sep 21, 2017 01:36 PM
This one is going to be an ongoing problem....

The stereo system in my car has a function that allows me to record CDs as I play them. It saves clutter (I don't have to keep any actual CDs from my collection in my car) and time (being able to scroll the menu to find what I want from my music collection instead of loading and unloading discs.)

The PROBLEM is, I also record certain Modern Scholar courses from the Library to use as reference after I return them and NOW my car is getting on in mileage and I have to start shopping for a new one.

I FEAR I will lose all the recorded books in my collection and might actually have to borrow them from the library again when I get a new car.

So many problems, so little time.

Keep On Dancing*
By fairy_dustmember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 6586, member since Sun Jan 20, 2002
On Fri Sep 22, 2017 10:46 AM
I was late for flamenco dance class because I forgot my shoes and realized it when I was already on the way there. So I had to walk back home, get my shoes (professional shoes I bought in Spain), and walk back. When I got there, class had just started because the teacher was late too - got caught up listening to music and rhythms she randomly found online at the last minute. So, class ran overtime yesterday.

ReplySendWatch