Forum: Advice / Emergency

Emergency
FLORIDA, BVI, AVI, CARRIBEAN. Please check in!! (Irma update)
By Sumayah Comments: 6892, member since Wed Nov 12, 2008
On Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:48 AM
Edited by Sumayah (204191) on 2017-09-10 10:53:44 Request for donation links

All of Floriada friends and anyone out on any of the Islands, please check in. We're worried about you.

I know the islands took massive damage and haven't been getting near enough coverage and Florida is taking damage now.

Like with Harvey, donating to Red Cross isn't super effective. If someone has a good link to local causes, please post. I like to donate to individuals, but if someone knows a good nonprofit 501(c) organization for businesses that's not Red Cross, please links those. Also international relief effort links would be appreciated.

2 Replies to FLORIDA, BVI, AVI, CARRIBEAN. Please check in!! (Irma update)

re: FLORIDA, BVI, AVI, CARRIBEAN. Please check in!! (Irma update)
By schuhplattlerPremium member Comments: 3039, member since Sat Dec 23, 2006
On Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:46 AM
Internet is very scarce even here in Clearwater, which was not hit hard, so I shudder to think what Naples is like.

The big outpoint here is the local power company – 70% of the city is without power, including my place.

But I have seen no major flooding. My place does have a wet carpet, as I found out in stocking feet.

I poured what I thought was apple juice and tasted cooking oil.

Once I get that carpet dried out as best I can (probably with old towels, but I’ll have to move many things first), I’ll join our Volunteer Ministers and could be sent to Naples or Miami – no telling what my assignment will be.

But look how many refugees will see us, in our conspicuous yellow shirts and jackets, putting towns back together!
re: FLORIDA, BVI, AVI, CARRIBEAN. Please check in!! (Irma update)
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4734, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Tue Sep 12, 2017 08:44 AM
I'd just like to say that my niece lives in Daytona Beach. I hope she's alright. I'll have to call my brother to see if she's somehow been able to reach him by phone or on Facebook.

ReplySendWatch