Forum: Ballet / Pointe - General

Pointe - General
Please help with pointe fitting-seriously discouraged!
By Beth5 Comments: 1, member since Tue Sep 26, 2017
On Tue Sep 26, 2017 01:45 PM

Hi ladies,

Looking for some pointe fitting advice. I've been dancing on pointe for many years but am returning from a very long break and am trying to find the right shoe again. Currently I'm in Gaynors as a way to ease back in (I know many people don't like them, but I'm not a new to pointe dancer and they simply fit really well). Currently I'm not wearing any pads in them and I like how I can really articulate in them and can feel the floor.

I'm looking for a similar shoe but recently tried others and all of them are giving me blisters along the wide top part of my foot under my second to last toe (pinching feeling).

Any ideas? As you can see, my foot is like a Greek/morton's shape, most toes are tapered but my second toe is slightly longer than my first toe.

Thanks in advance for any help! Pointe fitters at local shop spent a long time with me and I have not found anything that doesn't give me blisters along sides even within the hour of fitting.

5 Replies to Please help with pointe fitting-seriously discouraged!

re: Please help with pointe fitting-seriously discouraged!
By Serendipity42Premium member Comments: 2269, member since Sun Aug 16, 2009
On Tue Sep 26, 2017 05:24 PM
My only question: if Gaynors work for you, why change?
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
By rosalinde Comments: 1975, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Wed Sep 27, 2017 04:01 AM
Exactly! If these Gaynors are the best shoe for you, then it really does not matter if other people like them. The reason there are so many shapes and brands is because we all have different feet. So I would just stick with your trusty Gaynors.
By Gracie220 Comments: 53, member since Tue Feb 24, 2015
On Thu Sep 28, 2017 02:55 PM
Which others have you tried?

But yeah, if you find a pair that work really well for you, you might just have to stick with them. I've learned this lesson myself lol.
By hummingbird Comments: 10434, member since Mon Apr 18, 2005
On Fri Sep 29, 2017 08:56 AM
I agree, if they work for you stick with them.
By SarahdncrPremium member Comments: 639, member since Wed Jul 29, 2009
On Sun Oct 01, 2017 07:44 AM
I was going to say the same thing......I love my GM's!!
They are a great student shoe and non-beginner shoe. So why change from something that is already working for you!

ReplySendWatch