Forum: Advice / Girls Only

Girls Only
Another bra question from a well-endowed girl...yay.....
By emse101 Comments: 1, member since Mon Oct 02, 2017
On Mon Oct 02, 2017 02:50 PM

Hello! I was wondering if anyone knew of a good (preferably cheap) strapless bra/way of stopping them 'popping out' I guess, as I am a D-E cup which makes dancing sometimes difficult.

To go into more detail, I have just found out that for the ballet/pointe routines I am doing in my upcoming show, my group will not be allowed to wear bras with visible straps, as it spoils the line or something. Usually I would be able to suck this up and not make a big fuss, as it would only be for a couple of minutes, and my ballet routines are not that active anyway.

However, with the addition of pointe, and the fact that I will have no time to change between my ballet and modern routines, the latter of which is far more active, I am convinced I would hurt either myself or look ridiculous. Or both. You never know.

To summarise, I am looking for a way of preventing myself looking like an idiot during a show due to lack of support- if anyone knows of a way to prevent this, in any way, please just answer!

Thanks,
E

4 Replies to Another bra question from a well-endowed girl...yay.....

re: Another bra question from a well-endowed girl...yay.....
By Bril Comments: 166, member since Thu Mar 07, 2013
On Mon Oct 02, 2017 07:52 PM
You aren't going to like this answer...

But there once was an occasion, similar to yours... Where we wore strapless bras (just regular shirt ones not sport) then wrapped saran wrap around. To minimize bounce and lower the odds of any... inadvertent displays of physique. Then we pinned the dresses to the saran wrap.

I will say... It worked. If you're willing to pay a bit extra, I think they make second skin leotards that might help?
By Panda_Bear Comments: 414, member since Tue Feb 02, 2010
On Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:10 PM
I wear a second skin when nesscary over a strapless bra. Try talking to your teacher about your situation. I often wear a sports bra with straps that look like a normal bra's on stage and it hides under my costumes. Mine is from Danskin but Lululemon makes some good ones as well.
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34918, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Tue Oct 03, 2017 06:25 AM
I got a really good strapless bra from JC Penney's of all the goofy places to wear under my wedding dress a few years ago. I think the brand was Lilliette? Had a little bit of grip around the outside to help it stay up. And I'm a G cup!

And I second or third or whatever talking to the teacher. We're careful, but sometimes we don't think stuff all the way through. :) Asking an E cup to wear no bra would be a fine example.
By majahayes Comments: 94, member since Mon Dec 01, 2008
On Wed Nov 08, 2017 01:25 PM
See through straps maybe? They may reflect the light a bit but it's a bit ridiculous to have you dance with no support at that cup size.

ReplySendWatch