Forum: Highland / Highland - Competitions

Highland - Competitions
Unusual dances for Premier. Allowed?
By rosalinde Comments: 1978, member since Fri Jun 19, 2009
On Tue Oct 10, 2017 01:39 AM

I'm putting together a draft entry form and I'm trying to think up yet another idea to make the comp more fun and unusual.
So: would it be allowed to offer dances like Over the Water to Charlie, or Bonnie Dundee, or Scotch Measure etc, dances like those for the Premiers?

2 Replies to Unusual dances for Premier. Allowed?

re: Unusual dances for Premier. Allowed?
By Claramel Comments: 37, member since Tue Oct 13, 2015
On Tue Oct 10, 2017 04:11 PM
We often get scotch measure in Australia. Sometimes a special choreography JL Mackenzie. The steps are not always danced the same...some teachers put their own variations in. Also not everyone knows those dances. I know JL, flowers of Edinburgh, linkumodie, king of Sweden, dancers delight but not Bonnie Dundee or over the water to Charlie.

Is there some way you could find out which dances people know? That way you can offer something that will get a few entries.
re: Unusual dances for Premier. Allowed?
By Panda_Bear Comments: 412, member since Tue Feb 02, 2010
On Sun Oct 15, 2017 04:07 PM
I have see Scotch Measure once or twice in BC, Canada and Washington State. I would do something like that or try doing JL Mackenzie or a chorography event. I had never heard of any of the other dances you listed. Cake Walk and T'wasome is sometimes see as a fun "extra" event here as well.

ReplySendWatch