Forum: General

Teachers - General
REQUESTED: Ideas to Get Advanced Dancers to Participate in Opening Number Recital Dance
By LadyBug88 Comments: 47, member since Wed Jan 04, 2012
On Wed Oct 18, 2017 05:22 AM

Hello!

I have taught the opening number for my studio’s recital for about six years. When I took over, my studio was already doing auditions to be in the piece. We continued that up until now.

Over the years, I’ve tried doing something different to keep people’s interests. For example, mixing songs together and incorporating Tap and Jazz instead of just tap. These pieces have always tied into the theme of the recital.

In particular, there is waning interest in my advanced dancers. I’m looking for some fresh ideas to help refresh interest and make it an exciting piece!

Any suggestions are welcome!

Thank you!

1 Replies to REQUESTED: Ideas to Get Advanced Dancers to Participate in Opening Number Recital Dance

re: REQUESTED: Ideas to Get Advanced Dancers to Participate in Opening Number Recital Dance
By kr_WDance Comments: 157, member since Mon Aug 05, 2013
On Wed Oct 18, 2017 02:31 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have much advice for you, but I'm in the exact same position! (I actually thought maybe you were a teacher at my studio!)

My advanced dancers have become "so advanced" that they have basically shifted entirely to ballet and feel like every other style (and other dancers) are beneath them. They also dropped comp team altogether.

My opening numbers have lacked the last few years without them as has the sense of community at the studio. I feel for you and hope someone else can be more helpful than me. :(

ReplySendWatch