Forum: Ask a Studio Owner

Ask a Studio Owner
Very low enrollment... Advice?
By wkde Comments: 107, member since Sat Jan 19, 2008
On Fri Oct 27, 2017 03:59 PM

I am currently teaching one class a week. That is a student who was affected by the Hurricane in Texas. I had 3 new students pre enrolled, but their mother just lost her job. So, no 3 new students.
I have advertised almost every week, post tweets/facebook post every or every other day, offer specials and discounts, ect. I have held open houses, trial classes, free classes. I have read and researched what others owner have done for their business. I am a bit confused by FB....because I used to get alot of views until about a month ago...now, hardly any.....but Twitter is booming. Also, when I do polls NO ONE answers the polls, just read, nothing else!
So, anyone have any insights??
The public knows (those that have read) that I have to teach out of my townhome. I know not the most professional....and I NEED A STUDIO to make it business like. But, I have zero money for a space and this is the only way I can think of to run a studio without the overhead.
Thanks for reading and my vent.

5 Replies to Very low enrollment... Advice?

Comment #10248107 deleted
Removed by Theresa (28613) on 2017-10-31 06:25:33 spam post.

re: Very low enrollment... Advice?
On Mon Oct 30, 2017 01:41 PM
Thnx. I still need advice, though. Does anyone else encounter this? I am beginning to close up shop after this semester...if no new enrollment. What is the point?
By Theresamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member Comments: 34918, member since Wed May 22, 2002
On Tue Oct 31, 2017 06:31 AM
I have a lot of blogger friends that are complaining about Facebook right now, so you're not alone on that one at all. They get weird if they feel like you're trying to sell something. They'll shut down your traffic real fast. A lot of the bloggers I know will just post a picture with text, and then post their actual website link or whatever like it's a comment, rather then post it in the main part, just to try to get around it.

It's so hard as a new studio to find traffic - because you're banking on finding new kids. It's the middle of October, so anyone that was already loyal to a studio is in classes, you need new people. And more often then not, new people means babies. Have you gotten in touch with any preschools? Day care centers? Brownie troops? Churches, maybe you could come in and do a dance with their little kids classes? Community education program in your area?
On Tue Oct 31, 2017 07:31 PM
Okay, got it about FB. I have advertised with daycares and pre schools. I do have more to do. Have not thought of the brownie troops. Some churches do not want anything dance related. A church that is across from my house is like that. But, I did manage to get the flyers into their school. Bit babies are the key.
By jms9t2 Comments: 38, member since Fri Mar 10, 2017
On Wed Nov 08, 2017 07:01 PM
I don't know how helpful this will be, but I always get a much better response on Facebook when I post photos or videos of the kids dancing in class than any of my other posts.

ReplySendWatch