Forum: Arts / Politics & Current Affairs

Politics & Current Affairs
One Year Later....Your Thoughts?
By ChristinePremium member Comments: 6859, member since Wed Feb 04, 2009
On Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:01 AM
Edited by Christine (207347) on 2017-11-08 10:03:04

It's been a year since these EXCELLENT discussions were active.

www.dance.net . . .

www.dance.net . . .

www.dance.net . . .

www.dance.net . . .

For some of us, it has been quite a year. I can't help but be curious if others, both in the US and abroad, have found this season of politics exhausting and perhaps even the cause of changes in other seemingly unrelated areas. Personal relationships? Extended family? Business? Working well with opinionated others? Future plans?

In addition to the shocking and unexpected election of Donald Trump as president of the U. S., the UK experienced a similar "shocking and unexpected" happening with the Brexit outcome and the political fallout that followed.

So... before I share my own reflections of the past political events, I would love to hear yours.

Hope you are all well and surviving these times.

Hugs to all xoxo

Keep On Dancing*

1 Replies to One Year Later....Your Thoughts?

re: One Year Later....Your Thoughts?
By maureensiobhan Comments: 4741, member since Wed Dec 24, 2003
On Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:21 AM
I'm so sick and tied of hearing about Trumpster's collusion with Russia to influence the U.S. election. It's been proven time and time again that there has been no evidence of collusion. Drumpf hasn't committed any impeachable offences. His erratic behavior, though, suggests to me of mental instability. This should be enough to remove him from office, per the 25th U.S. Constitutional amendment. His approval ratings are the lowest of any sitting president in history. It's being said that The Donald's first term is going to end in two says: either he'll resign, or he'll be forced out of office as a result of the 25th Amendment. I'll be surprised if he makes it to the end of his first term.

Have you heard him say that being president is more difficult that he thought it would be? Well, what else did he expect? He'l found himself running a far larger enterprise than Trump Towers or any of his other businesses. He went into this as a political neophyte. He still has no knowledge of politics nor how to run a government.

All in all, nothing has changed.

ReplySendWatch