Forum: General / General

Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2
re: We�re BACK, baby! What have you been up to?
By Cadbury_Eatermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jan 10, 2018 06:49 AM
Chaconne wrote:

Cadbury,

We used to talk at times, violinist to violinist. I hope you still have an interest. At age 75, I'm still active, play in three symphonies, and now play viola in a performing string quartet as well.

Jon

Of course, I remember!

I haven't played in years- focused on dance and public speaking/debating things in my uni days around study and work (which a lot was in debating in my uni days) so they took precedence!
By TheStoryTellermember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Jun 20, 2018 04:29 PM
Oh my goodness! It has been SO LONG since I logged on here. Looks like the last time I logged on (or posted in my diary) was when I was 18.

I'm 25 now. I moved out on my own recently, which is really exciting but really scary as well! Lets see what else has changed... I went to school for veterinary technology and I'm now a Registered Veterinary Technician! I have a little kitty cat named Gabby and she is an absolute love. I've grown a lot over the last few years.

Looking back at my diary entries it's really weird to remember where my life was. Having complete and utter trust in virtual strangers, who didn't actually end up being the kind of person I thought they'd be.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is that this is all such a blast from the past, and I never thought my life would turn out the way it has. I'm kind of grateful and lucky for how everything has gone for me both personally and professionally.

Just goes to show what can happen when you persevere, keep up with your mental health (which was a big struggle for me and still is if I'm being honest), and figure out who your real friends are.
By Emmamember has saluted, click to view salute photosPremium member
On Wed Oct 17, 2018 10:29 AM
Not sure why I logged in again - or started browsing!

I joined DDN when I was 18, a student. I posted a lot, I loved the connection to dance, because I always felt that I could never dance as much as I wanted to (hence the original U/N- suppresseddancer!)

I posted on and off for a bit, and when the random comment thread dried up, I stopped hanging about so much!

My last thread was about a potential promotion, and since then I have worked in Social Work support (taking minutes for senior social workers at child protection meetings) That gave me a context for why some kids really don't do so well in school because I learnt so much about the impact of their home lives on their development and educational attainment. Then I started pursuing the dream of becoming a Primary School Teacher. Moved further North in Scotland, got married in July 2016. Still don't get to go home to Northern Ireland enough. I started training aerial silks and trapeze in Autumn 2014, I coach kids every Saturday, and now train those skills along with acrobalance, juggling, corde lisse (rope) lyra (aerial hoop) and whatever else I can try. I'm on instagram as electricsocks if anyone is interested...

Had my first miscarriage in February 2017. 14 + 4 weeks.

Found out my husband has a balanced translocation of chromosomes later on.

I had my second miscarriage in March 2018, 10 days. My third in September 2018, around the same time, but it was never confirmed.

More info on that here: lemonadebeerandshandies.blogspot.com . . . (I have forgotten how to include links here, so you'll have to make do with it looking like that.)

Went through a really rough period. After Christmas decided to apply for teaching again, I had applied for 2016, didn't get in, didn't apply for 2017, because I would have been on maternity leave had all worked out, so applied for 2018. Got in!

Woohoo!!!!!

The house we live in is a work in progress, my husband is doing a lot of DIY, and learning as he goes. We knocked a load bearing wall down, put in a new kitchen, all after the miscarriage because I needed a space that was mine, not this brown house that we planned to do up over time but just didn't reflect my love of colour and brightness.

We plan to try naturally, although we are on a waiting list for IVF with PGD. I'm likely to get to the top of the list by December, but because of my intensive course (it's a graduate course here in Scotland) I doubt that will be put off until July.

I think part of the reason that I logged on today is because DDN was a traditional part of my original student experience in that it represented major procrastination for me. I am currently trying to write a 5000 word critical piece on social justice and inclusion within the Scottish Education system.
Page:
Page 2 of 2: 1 2

ReplySendWatch