I'm TOO NICE.

To her FOUR YEAR OLD.

*slow blink*

I need a drink you guys.

5 Replies to Get THIS "complaint"

re: Get THIS "complaint"
By rosalinde
On Wed Dec 20, 2017 07:17 AM
I suggest something strong - you deserve it.

Some parents ...
By Pacusa
On Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:26 AM
thank goodness that child has you as her teacher. Keep bing kind it probably means the world to the child. There are a million ways to accomplish something without being "mean".
By mimpacdancer
On Sat Mar 31, 2018 01:33 PM
I had a new student join my beginner teen class in January. When I say beginner, these teens just started dancing in September 2017. The new student that joined us in January has been taking classes for nine years at a studio in our town, but, insisted she be with this class when she joined us. I told her mother, my studio is new, it is non-profit and all my classes are real beginners, she may be way too ahead in this class, but, they insisted. Needless to say, the child can hardly keep up with my beginners. She knows nothing about basic steps in tap, ballet or jazz/hip-hop. She can do a triple time step, but, does not know how to do flaps, flap heels, heel picks, nothing base line!! She had no idea how to find her body placement, balance, control, I honestly, could not tell this child had any dance experience at all! He mother got mad at me last week and told me it was my fault her child was not growing as a dancer! She has been with me for eight weeks and the mother refused to look at her non-training for the last nine years!!! It is my fault, she told me, the kids have too much fun in your class, that is why she is not seeing growth!!! And to top it off, I have had fantastic teachers who knew what they were doing, taught me to know what I am teaching and doing and I study dance all the time day in and day out, I am left with a child whose parents have paid thousands of dollars over the years for someone who did not know what they were doing or how to teach a student dance and they are mad at me. How would you handle this????.
By jms9t2
On Sat Mar 31, 2018 08:39 PM
I would explain to her the progress you have seen so far using specifics and examples. I would reiterate the amount of time she has been with you so far and what you hope to accomplish with her for the rest of the year. I would end it by saying that of course you want what is best for her child, and if they feel that they would find that elsewhere, you support their decision to do that.

The younger studio owner me would have tried to keep a student at all costs, but I've learned that it's not worth it.
By hummingbird
On Sun Apr 01, 2018 08:55 AM
Edited by hummingbird (128773) on 2018-04-01 08:56:03
Take a deep breath Theresa, you can't fix stupid!

ReplySendWatch